Chapter 22

-edited-

Previously:

I want to go see Calvin and Calvin Jr but I did make them go so I can get rid of them, but my mind keeps pushing me to Lucifer, the guy with Satan's name.

I better be having a girl. Not that I'm in control but the fact that, but I know if I had sex with Lucifer I wouldn't go back to Calvin, and I love Calvin. Everyone knows everything we've been through together, and all the "timing isn't right" bull shit is over with.

I promised to spend the rest of my life with Calvin... now I don't know.

Cassandra POV:

Calvin, Lucifer, and I was as the doctor searched my stomach for the baby. She's quiet, scaring me into thinking somethings wrong and my baby was never existing. But I immediately push that thought to the side at the sound of the heart beats. Mine and the baby's.

Being in here reminded me of when Calvin and I were finding out whether CJ was going to be a boy or girl. It was the only time where I remember being so anxious I cried before even knowing.

Being pregnant is like a gift. To feel a life growing inside of you to love something that is only the size of a avocado. As far as the baby is concerned I'm just a life source for it, but I would move heaven and earth to give it what it wants. I love this baby.

"Mmmmhmmm. That's where the problem was."

"Problem?" I ask.

"Well not necessarily a problem. But do you hear the heart beats?" She asked looking back and forth between the monitor and me.

"Yes, mine and the baby's heart beat." I tell her.

"See on a sonogram all sound is sourced on the womb to make sure there's no mistakes being read between the mother and baby." She explains. "So we've been getting two heartbeats but visual of only one baby," this time she moved the reader to the top of my stomach rather than the sides and front like normal, "you're having twins, this little booger was hiding behind this baby. He's a bit smaller than his brother but-"

"Did you say he?" I ask.

"Did you say brother?" Calvin asked.

"Oh yes, you're having twin boys." She announces. "Would you like pictures of them?" She asked. I only managed to nod my head yes as I felt my throat close up from trying to breathe as I feel the tears jump from the brink of my eyes lids.

"We're having boys." I cried, and smiled as Calvin held my hand. "We're having twins."

Only moments later Nurse Waunda hands us Polaroid like pictures of our babies. I couldn't help but look at them and just cry because I love CJ as my son and now he's going to be a big brother. I look at Calvin to see how elated he his, but his smile faded and I seemed to be the only one happy.

He looked at his share of the pictures in his hands. Occasionally he'd smirk, but it would falter just as quick. Almost as if he was proud and disappointed at the same time.

"No girl." He says not sure if he's ok or not. "Two more boys... but no girl."

"Everything will be ok, Calvin." I reach for his hand. "Everything will be fine. This is great news."

"Cass this is amazing news. But when those boys are born it's the end of us. You don't want to admit it but let's face it, we need to be honest, you and Lucifer are destined regardless of his idiotic ways. And it was said millions of times the prophecy will be ful-"

"Don't you think this was a sign then? The goddess saying not yet?" I tell him. "This about it, if the war was here and the goddess needed to be born I would be carrying a girl, but we are having two more boys. I don't know about you but that's says a lot me." I start to laugh a little. "There are 7 billion people on earth, how likeMy is it that I'm the only girly with 'golden hair and red eyes'. Maybe the prophecy is true, but maybe we aren't the ones to fulfill it." 

I can see he was understanding where I was coming from, how I could be right. I didn't say to convince him though, I truly feel I serve another purpose, that my job is to be a mother, a Luna and a role model for my pack. I truly believe the war approaching isn't my tale to tell. That maybe my life is normal.

"Lets go home, and tell CJ the big news." I smile I reach my hands for him to help me up.

"And what about him." Calvin pointed to the corner where Lucifer sat in the chair patiently waiting to be acknowledged.

"I say we test the tether that kept us close. If he can go further without causing either of us pain then we have our answer." I say finally standing, as I look down I notice how I've grown more than I thought I have.

"The tether breaks then what?" Calvin asks.

"It's up to him if I'm being completely honest. He can stay, or he can go-"

"Regardless of the fact where he threatened me to take CJ and go or he-"

"When my father did that."

"For him, Cass."

"For the pack. The scheme was my fathers doing, Lucifer was just a mindless pawn. He chooses whether he wants to stay or go, that's my decision. Now can we test my theory?" I ask impatiently.

We began walking through the house, Lucifer still catches the eyes of the pack as he's easily labeled a nuisance to everyone. He makes me proud of them, but wary for him. I don't understand how feel so strong for someone I don't love.

We stood outside the three of us, we even invited my mother and her books in case the tether isn't broken and we try to figure out what this is.

Lucifer stands only foot away from me, we catch each other's eyes and I can't find myself to look away, they're captivating, holding, caring and even a little broken, but the broken is my fault. My doings. His hair seemed untouched from when I saw him this morning, pretty much flying in different directions. The stubble traces his jawline, and mustache. I just want to assure him, but I don't even know of what, anything to make him feel better.

"Alright, now start walking back." Calvin tells him. And he does, the further he gets out of reaching distance, and I want him closer.

As he reached fifteen feet I feel Calvin's smile, and smile fakely and Calvin places his hand on my stomach. Then I feel my heart speed up when he gets twenty-five feet away, because there's no tether making him stop. My body begins to long for the pain that made him stay. Even at fifty feet he steady steps back, and I feel my heart pick up its pace as I beg to him with my eyes come back. But keeps walking, his steps almost touching a hundred feet, it's gone. The tether is gone.

Calvin yells for him to stop and his looks are me adoringly. "It's your turn honey." I smile, but once my cheeks push upward a tear falls from my eyes. Calvin doesn't seem to think it means anything besides that I'm finally happy.

I don't know why I find it so hard to take one step back. But with Calvin's help, my left foot was back, ready for my right foots turn. As I stare at Lucifer he stares back. I can't read his expression, not because he's far it's because he doesn't want me to.

Calvin now stands where I stood, counting my everyone step, my foot carries me away from them both. I don't feel anything. Lucifer doesn't feel anything, just by the distance I grown numb. Not because I feel something, but because I don't feel anything.

Feeling what I feel for Lucifer with touching him a few times and almost kissing him once, I don't understand how Calvin ever killed his mate. I hate that he chose me over her because I feel this obligation to him, to rid of Lucifer and I know it's wrong but I feel it.

I don't understand how I feel so strongly for Lucifer, but my love for Calvin just seems obligated. Is that love? Do I even love Calvin anymore?