Chapter 16

(Media picture of Cassandra)

-edited-

Lucifer's POV

12:58 pm

"Hey!" I yell as I burst through the doors. The kid is hardly alive and every time I can't even get a whine from him I feel like I should just slit my throat now because if I don't I know that Cassandra was going to reject then make every living moment a living hell for me. "Where the fuck is Rosamond!" I yelled.

I rushed to her office not knowing if she was there or not, I just know she better be ready by the time I walked through the door.

I laid him on the bed and his head wobbled as if his body could no longer hold itself together meaning he may no longer be alive.

"ROSAMOND!" I yelled even louder, putting my Alpha tone into it.

Only seconds later the skinny bitch ran inside and gasped at the sight of him.

"Oh my goddess, what happened?"

"Don't worry about it and fix him." I can see the small glare she gave me, immediately disinfecting the wounds and wiping the blood.

She called for someone else who eventually came to assist her.

I sit in the corner of the room as more things went wrong and they kept say he needed blood, and stitching an artery. My heart thumped as I couldn't put two and two together and my mind wouldn't let me think of everything that could possibly go wrong.

1:38 pm

"He's stable for now." Rosamond said as she took off the bloody gloves and dropped them in the trash.

"For now?" I ask.

"Yes, o negative isn't his blood type. I can't keep it running through him, and I don't even know his blood type. But he needs blood from his mom or dad. He's small so, I don't know how much time he's got. His head is weak and his body is doing what he can. So just bring him a lot of protein, fiber and no fat foods, his body can't take any of that right now." She finished washing her hands and started drying them. "I know it's not what you want to hear, but I did what I could." She threw the towel away. "Goddess blessed this kid," she said leaving, "his parents must be very strong because any other kid would've died after about 10 minutes with the injuries this kid has."

I can't help but growl, but she was already gone.

I looked at the kid, rendered unconscious. Eight stitches in his forehead, one nail in his arm holding together the broken bones, fractured L7 but fixable. An infection in the cut on his arm, that held more stitches that I wanted to count.

"I'm sorry this happened to you little guy." As I push back his blond hair.

I could hear him start to snore, so I'm going to let him sleep, but I'm going to have go deal with my incompetent enforcers that couldn't take down one guy. I knew they were destined to die, just was hoping it would be a honorable death, not me snapping their necks.

I walk out of the infirmary pointing at the first enforcer I see. "You, go watch the kid. He moves I want to know, he cries I want to know, he speaks I want to know, if he even burps, fart, sneeze or cough I want to know. Now go." I growl, and he immediately dropped whatever conversation he was having with his friend and went to the infirmary.

This kid wouldn't be in this predicament if it wasn't for my idiotic sister, no offense to the women who aren't as arrogant and stupid as my sister, but this is why women don't lead. I need to find her and show her what she's done, but she seems to be a ghost.

I bang on her office door, and I hear a lot of shifting and scurrying going on inside, and I immediately push aside the thought that could be going on.

"Lucifer? Bad timing." She said as she opened her door to Max buttoning up his shirt.

2:16 pm

"You are a fucking idiot." I tell her seriously and she seemed lost and understood how serious I am. "I accidentally got really drunk and hit her kid in Florida, my fault and I accept full responsibility for that, but now her son is in the infirmary down stairs hanging onto his life because you sent those dumb sons of bitches after him when that was dumbest call!" She didn't know how to react. "Rosamond said that the only fucking way he is going to survive is blood from him mom or dad, you fucking ruined everything we had plan because you have this power that you think you can throw around! You're suppose to be doing alpha shit but you're fucking your mate in your office, wondering why you can never get shit done! I have no choice but to take that kid to my mate so he won't die, and I won't be able find his dad because he held up his part of the deal!" I really want to beat her fucking face in. "I can explain to her that my sister is just a stupid ignorant dumb ass bitch, but she's not going to give a damn about your existence and it's going to be all my fault! So I might be losing her forever! No fucking thanks to you." I leave her office and this time she doesn't have smart remark because she know she was wrong and her mate is too scared to say anything on her behalf, and they both know I will have to suffer the consequences.

I know no other way than releasing my anger other than killing, so I go to the rooms where my failed and broken enforcers lied, and one by one I killed them differently, each kill putting me at ease. My shirt bloody and my knuckles are busted, them boys didn't serve a purpose to me alive so they made up for with their brutal deaths. I look at the first guard I see. "Grab three others and burn the bodies in the basement." I demand him, and his immediately did so.

3:01 pm

I walk into the infirmary and the boy was still unconscious, and the guy I had told to be in here was gone and my sister was sitting on the cot watching the kid.

"Some of things you said was hurtful." She stood up and walked over to the boy with tears in her eyes. "But you weren't wrong.. our pack does evil but we don't kill kids unless necessary. I'm sorry that this happened." She said looking at me. "I know you had a perfect plan and even though you're not sorry... I do forgive you. So I'm going to take him to his mother."

"That's a really nice offer, but I don't trust you so it's not going to happen."

"Then we go together.... I walk in first and tell the story of what happened, then you watch everything, you hear everything."

"Lukas Dove is going to be pissed." I tell her.

"Any man that sets out to destroy his daughters life to do a job that's no longer his, is a man who dwell in depression and emptiness... come on. Daddy would never do that to me, so good riddance Lukas Dove, for your reign to be completely over."