Chapter 14

(Media picture of Calvin)

-edited-

6:42 am

Cassandra POV

I roll slightly reaching for the arm of my husband so he can pull me into a cuddle and won't let go until he's ready to wake up.

The more I stretch my arm out I couldn't find any part of him. "Calvin?" I ask as I finally rise to look on his side of the bed. "Calvin?" I ask again.

I look for the light to be on in the bathroom but darkness was all the lied. I sit up and reach for my shirt and shorts that laid on the floor.

As I walk down the hall I can't smell Calvin, he probably couldn't sleep and went for a run.

I step outside and the morning was starting to wake itself as the colors stretched across the sky, blending like water colors on a canvas. I should probably should just get dressed and got to the pack house, alphas work will always be waiting and I rather get it over with. So I can spend time with my family, and take CJ to buy that bike he's been wanting for a couple weeks.

For some reason I'm starting to feel alone, I've been home alone on several occasions, but this feels like a different lonely. Like I don't have anyone, that I'm cold, and I can tell because my body is getting goosebumps and my heart I can hear bumping slightly faster. But the more I think about it the more my nerves causes me to instinctively worry. I just shake my shoulders, wash it away, I ignore it.

The walk to the pack house seemed just off, I don't enjoy it today like I normally would. I'd usually embrace the moment before I reach the house full of rowdy boys and gossip girls and once again dealing with drama that only a high school principal should have to. I thank my mom and dad for all the help, then could still be in their home but they moved into the pack house so Calvin and I wouldn't have to. Without any Alphas present during the day or night not even a beta can't keep the place from turning into a frat house.

7:14 am

I open the screen door, I listen for my son but I don't hear anything. Calvin probably took him out for bit.

"Hey Alpha Cass." I look over to see where the voice has come from, it was Menus. I no longer felt the small arrogance of being called that because coming from Menus, he messing with me. 

"What do you want big head." I say sitting on a stool. I can tell he wanted to touch his head but he didn't.

"That was a bit rude." He says turning his back.

"Yea so is sarcasm." I say. "What are you doing up so early. I don't remember you being a morning person." I say.

"Yea I'm not, Debra however." He said, he turned around probably making sure she wasn't around. "She want to go play a few rounds of soccer," I don't think rounds would be the right term, "but I didn't want to it so I convinced her to do a few rounds of something else." and I could now tell by the smirk on his face he mean to use rounds for his little word play.

"Gross." I say.

"Coming from a woman that has a 5 year old kid and is currently pregnant." I squint my eyes at him. "What?" He asked confused.

"I was referring to not caring about your sex life and I'm going to be a proud mother of two." I hop off the stool. "So when are you actually going get a life and put some eggs in Debra's baskets." I say walking away, and I can tell how that made him slightly uncomfortable, my honesty and choice of words.

I open my office door and see my father sleeping on my desk, and a third of today's work complete. I sigh, kind of heavily because every time I see him in that chair it makes me feel like I'm not doing my job correctly and he's been in here more and more lately.