Chapter 32

-edited-

Previously:

She crossed her arms and stood on one hip as she raised her eyebrows at me, and that's a bold mood for an Omega. She was waiting for me to confess my lie. I put one of my hands on the back of her neck pulling her into a kiss. I feel her hand wrap around my wrist as she placed the other on my shoulder. "I really like you Livy." I say. Before looking up and seeing all eyes on us. Three packs witness me kiss and confess my feelings to an omega.

Livy looks around aware of what we just did and who all saw. "I guess that's proof enough." She says quieter than normal.

But there's a pair of eyes in particular I feel on me. It's not Cassandra, because her stare kind of sends a flutter kind of sensation. This state burns through my soul, it belongs to Calvin. I don't know why he's mad, this has absolutely nothing to do with him.

Then I look at Cassandra and her face was red, not with anger but sadness. I can kind of see her wanting to cry, Calvin saw it too and that's why he's pissed. He hides Cassandra's face in his shoulder as he announced to his pack it's time to leave.

What if she really did accept the bond, but she hasn't found it in her to leave the father of her three children. Then I need to get the plan rolling, I have to find Max and Joseph and tell them I'm aboard.

Lucifer POV:

"But everyone just saw you kiss Livy, and tell her that you like her." Max argues.

"I don't want to use Livy, but if this works in our favor. No one will ever know or think it was me behind this. They think I'm over her and I'm head over heels for Livy." I say.

"Luckily Joseph and I had already decided for you. We created a 7 month plan. But we're still deciding if it's too short a time period or not."

"That is short, the plan needs to be at the least ten months."

"Why ten?"

"Because it's random and further away." I answer. "I'm just saying that it's not a good idea for us to do seven months." I say honestly.

"Ok, whatever." Max groaned.

"So what do you have planned for the seven months?" I ask.

"'Pay off' a group of rogues to do some petty thefts of the course of two months. Kill them afterwards so they can't be traced back to us-"

"Which isn't cruel, just business." Joseph clarifies.

"Factual. But then we pay another group of-"

"We'll also bury their bodies in a hole in the ground, burn them, then bury the crisp corps." Max growled at Joseph's second interruption.

"I don't burn them." I say. "The smoke with attract attention. Acid. It'll melt everything even their bones, there'd be no trace." I say.

"Smart." Max said hesitantly. "But like I was saying before, then we hire a different group of rogues to do some kidnapping and ransoms. We'll build them their own facility and everything to keep the hostages, but we will hire humans to build it so again, not traced back to us and the humans don't have to die." He explained. "The. The same death procedure for them too, and we are also ridding our world of rogues so this is good." Sometimes Max's human side submerges and he gets guilty so he tries to justify deaths.

"You're right. This is positive, all the way around... except for the rogues. They get the shit end of everything." Joseph says.