Chapter 57

-edited-

Previously:

"Where is everyone?" I growl.

"What do you mean?" I can hear in her voice that I just woke her up.

"There's no one hear and I think Dawson is dead."

"You think?" She asked idiotically. "There should be eight enforcers there. I assigned their spots with two in the front, two in the back, two outside Dawson's door and two in the same room with Dawson and they're not supposed to switch shifts until five..." she pauses. "Which is in like two hours." She whines.

"Angel." I growl subtly. "THERES NO ONE HERE!" I yelled.

"Did you check for a pulse?" She asks as if she doesn't believe me.

"No, because typically when you say someone's name they respond, or when you dumb a lot of cold water on someone they wake up!" I try not to yell.

"Max is on his way, and I'm going to call up the enforcers that neglected their duty to meet you there." She doesn't leave any room for me to argue before hanging up in my face.

Lucifer POV:

After I thought I saw my wife get her head blown off, I thought that was the scariest and saddest moment of my life, but thinking Dawson was dead was so much worse. I should have listened to Angle and checked his pulse because his body was in so much pain that his brain threw his body into a self induced coma to keep from dying. The medic informed me of this while I was panicking.

He's alive and lying down in a separate room of the building. Angel slapped me because she was tired and I was "over reacting", but the enforcers who left their shift were going to be in trouble, but turns out Cassandra dismisses them because "no one knew he was there so no one was going to go after him" was her excuse.

It's fair that Cassandra and I only speak when it comes to work and as much as I don't want to admit it, I kind of miss her nagging me. Both of us angry at each other is just a north and south end of a magnet... we just repel.

Nurse says she can shoot him up with some adrenaline but it'd be better for him to wake up on his own.. the problem is we don't know when that'll be.

I was told I should go to the pack house but I'm a bit paranoid, I can't leave here. Dawson is the key to getting my wife, to having her back in my arms so we can raise our daughter together. And there's no way in hell Im going to leave his life in Cassandra's, or anyone else's hands.

Livy POV:

"Come on, one more game before the Warden gets back." I look at him, and at the camera, then back at him.

"Ok, fine. One more game but then we should tone it down before they spectate us." I smile and ease out of my corner and closer to Calvin.

"You ready?" He asks, and I simply just nod my head. "Car or Truck."

"ENOUGH GAMES!" The Warden yells through the microphone.

We both just laugh and slide back into our corners. Mr.Unknown hates that we've become friends, but what else did he expect. We've been outsiders since the day we got here, it was the second day when we realized that we only have each other. Did he expect us to go at each other's throat? If anything he's made us the best of friends, we have way too much in common it's crazy.

Calvin is an only child, like me. Unlike me though, he took his normal self and became an outstanding enforcer. He has inner turmoils that apparently I only know about now. Obviously we are the spouses of who seem to be the two most powerful beings on Earth. We both have kids.. well he has three sons and I have a daughter. I learned his favorite color is orange, but for some reason Cassandra always thinks it's green. He told me his sons middle names; CJ's middle name is Lucas, Francis name is Prince, Princeton name is France. I like the irony in it. He pushed me for making fun of his last name, it's just weird, Phenny.