Chapter 55

-edited-

Previously

"I'm sorry, but I don't know who you're talking about and and I'm sorry me and my wife can't help." Dawson says, Lucifer puts on a smirk before shaking his head.

"I don't have time for this shit. Bag them, and lets relocate, my wife deserves her killer to be brought to justice and this is our lead we've been waiting for." I smile, because I'm still in his heart, yes he thinks I'm dead but I'm still in his heart.

Megan ran, and Angel and Cassandra took after her,but Dawson stood there. "Get us tortured separately and I'll tell you everything you need to know." Lucifer smiles and nods. Max bags his head and the van pulls up.

Lucifer pats his shoulder. "I'll go easy on you, I'm still going to torture you but you're going to walk out alive." He throws him in the trunk. "You're doing the right thing."

Lucifer POV:

The woman face was already pretty cut up and bruised. Angel and Cassandra really did a number on her. Jospeh found a nice old place we used to use years ago, and they broke out a wall and put in a two way mirror so Cassandra's pack could watch my stomach churning torture techniques.

My mom wanted to come but I told her I didn't want Wynter to watch this. That's the thing though, my mom loved Livy, I mean anyone with a soul did, that's why I'll torture and kill until I find her killer.

"Any preferences little brother?" Angel asks. "They've been set and our guests are waiting."

"Well. I need a knife, a nice size, maybe nine inches. Then find Gio and tell him I need to borrow his brass knuckles with the razors."

"Interesting but ok."

I walk around the building looking for Cassandra, I decided I was only going to touch up Dawson but I think she should be there for the questions. We need answers.

I turn the corner and bump into Cassandra. I haven't spoken to her since the incident when I hurt her, it's like sometimes I care and sometimes I could care less. But with her right here, right now, I kind of care. "I'm sor-"

Her lips latch onto mine before I can even finish apologizing, but I don't like it. I pull away, trying not to make it awkward, but she just smiled.

"I think we should start talking to that Dawson guy, and see what he knows."

She gives me a hug. "Ok. And whatever our bump is, we can fix it. And try and go about our lives, ya know?"

"Yea, sure." I start walking to avoid conversation. I'm not sure I want to be with her, I mean not until this is over at the least.

I open the steel door, letting Cassandra in first. She took a seat in the chair across from him, and I simply lean against the wall waiting for him to say something.

"Are the restraints necessary?" He asks.

"Yea."

"You're more beautiful in person." He tells Cassandra, I hold back my growl.

I shake my head because I just want this to go by quickly and to be over with, but it's like he's nervous. "So do you want to be tortured before or after?" I ask.

"After." He says simply. "But what do you want to know."

"Everything you do." Cassandra answered.

"Then you both probably want to sit." I just stare at him, and Cassandra stands up and sits again. He laughs before he's serious. "I'm just a agent so I don't know much, but I know enough, like Calvin and Olivious are alive and at HQ, you two aren't werewolves, you're something of a more powerful being. Our captain says you two will bring our species out of the shadows, and that could be true but this is new-"

"Rewind. Calvin and Livy are still alive? So you want me to beat the living shit out of you for lying to my fucking face and about something we know isn't real!? You're a dead man." I cocked my fist and Cassandra stopped me.

"Why would he say it, if it wasn't true. For once, think." She growls. "If we watched them die, how are they still alive."

"A manipulation of the mind. We found some look alikes, after studying you guys we put them in place kidnapping them, and killing their doppelgängers. We kind of maybe poisoned your air, symptoms of loss of time, or just simple stupid mistakes that are easily overlooked. And since you both had closed casket funerals we put your spouses in the boxes and let you bury them, and a few weeks later we dug them up. They're alive and that's in all but they haven't been well taken care of. Our captain needs you two together-"

"I've been a werewolf my whole life, and then all of a sudden I'm not because some dude says I'm not?" I ask.

"You took form of a werewolf because we were birthed and raised by one. Our species is kind of like a Cuckoo, you know, the bird that puts its eggs in other birds nests so they don't have to raise them. Except you were put in a werewolves womb."

"You expect me to believe this?"

"You've killed like seven of my coworkers, I know what you're capable of, I've watched them die from injuries and watched you sleep peacefully at night. My life may not be extravagant, but I like it and I would like to live it a little longer." I smile and shrug, it only makes sense-

"Wait, you've watched me torture and sleep??"

"Oh yea, we've been watching you guys for six years, putting people like Jonathan, Timothy, and Eugene in your life." He says looking at Cassandra. "And putting people like Denice and Joseph in your life."

"Jospeh?" I ask. "My best friend, Jospeh."

"Yea, he's one of us, so is his mother. Sent on a mission to watch over you. It's why he threatened Livy and Wynter, he had orders and responsibilities. You needed to be with Cassandra, we tried to cut off before you fell in love, but I guess love at first sight does exist."

"What do you mean?"

"You're not mated, I mean you are, but you aren't. Because you were in the stomach of a werewolf and you took form of a werewolf certain things feel like they apply but they don't. Like our species create our own mates, first love. Hints why Cassandra and Calvin can't leave each other and how you and Livy seem so to be. But Captain believed that maybe the Goddess had the right idea with you and Cass."

"Wait I have a question, Jonathon and Eugene is dead. What is Timothy?"

"Timothy is one of us, yes, but he's on a different path. Fatherhood changed him. I mean he helps us every now and again but he's good. You scared him good enough."

"I just want my wife." I tell him.

"I can take you there, but you have to beat me nearly to death, and actually kill Megan. It's the only way this'll work."

"I mean as long as my wife is alive and my daughter gets to see her mother then I don't care what I have to do."

"I have one more question before Lucifer starts."

"Yea?"

"What are we?"