Chapter 31

-edited-

Previously: 

"I Cassandra Bella Phenny-Dove, accept your apology." She says holding CJ and giving him a high five.

Calvin stepped forward. "I Calvin Phenny, accept your apology." He says.

Cassandra and Calvin both looked at their son as they waited for him to say something. "Oh!" He chirped. "I Calvin Phenny J-R, accept your apple-ology." You can hear the women go 'aww' and some of the men laugh. He was close enough though, and Cassandra extended her hand to shake my sisters and Calvin extended his hand to shake Max's.

"Now you can go home or you can stay. It doesn't matter, and Willy will start the music in a minute."

Lucifer POV:

I went upstairs, since the formal part is over and I could dress in real clothes, you know, the comfortable ones. I didn't know my sister was planning on turning this into a party, but I guess she also didn't want say, "you don't have to go home, but you can't stay here". I don't even think this could be called a party with it only being 9:14 in the morning.

I open my door, and I see Livy sitting criss cross on my bed. She looked like she was thinking, probably since she was debating whether or not it was a good idea to show up to my room unannounced.

"You ok?" I ask.

"I heard the news." She starts, "congratulations." I raise my eyebrow, I have no idea what she's talking about.

"Congratulations on what?" I ask.

"You marrying soon to be Alpha Canary." I raise my eyebrows on how word could spread so quickly, either someone eave dropped on our conversation or Canary accidentally told someone with a big mouth.

"It's not certain." I say. "Her family is going through a lot. She wants to marry so her dad can have time to handle everything, but she hasn't found her mate. I could finally be alpha, but I don't want to marry someone I'm not in love with, so I'm taking her out for dinner tomorrow. Nothing's definite."

I don't know why I'm explaining myself to her, but I kind of feel like I have to. But she doesn't seem convinced, she had something else wearing on her.

"Livy."

"Yea?" She asks.

"What's going on?" I ask.

She looked down the back at me, her eyes glossy. "I'm going to apply for a transfer." She says before a tear hit her cheek.

I walk all the way in my room and close the door behind me. "Why? What's wrong?" I ask as I rush to sit next to her.

She doesn't look at me. "I really really like you Lucifer. Like you so much it hurts and I don't even know why. I want to get over you, but I just can't." She cried.

I don't know what to say.

"I'm not worth your tears, trust me."

"I've heard your kill gore stories. I heard what you said you did in your apologies. Every bad thing you've done I've heard it all. But I still want to be under your arm. I tired of dreaming that I fell asleep with you in your bed, and then waking up by myself. Then I'm dying inside every time I see you because I know you're not think of me." She gets up and walks away from me, she practically hid in the corner so I couldn't see her face.

"Livy..." I say as her name as it fades as I have nothing to say after. I don't know what to say, 'the other night was amazing'?  I can't say that. I care about her, I do. I like her... but with everything going on. "Livy, I'm sorry." Is all that comes out. "In our own little Utopias' we imagine the lives we wish were ours." I say.