Chapter 39

-edited-
Previously:
As the rookies left I can see all the constructions lights and nurses with medical supplies running this way, and suddenly Grants body starts moving, and as I watch his wounds, they sort of begin to heal themselves, and his eyes huge and urgent.

"NO!" A girl yelled, its out new transfer nurse. "This isn't how I'm suppose to find my mate." She growled as she held him, but with her touch he was healing faster, and he shifts into his human form, holding her as she cried.

"Mine." Grant growled, as if he was never on his death bed. There were some awes, but I'm taken back, how her being thier fixed him in only a minute. Before even seeing her, but knowing she was around he began to heal... so that's what they meant by your mate will make you stronger.

It's not your mate will make you stronger, your mate makes you invincible.

Lucifer POV:

I walked into the pack house, and Livy and Joseph were in the main room. "You ok?" Livy asks, but I don't acknowledge her really, I just nod my head as I go toward the dungeon. I can't shake it, the miracle of being mated.

I nod my head at the men guarding the entrance door, they opened it for me. Passing through I dismissed the inside guards for the time being. I ignored the rouges that growled at me, and I forgot how bad it smelled down here, I need to talk to my sister about giving the inside guards some type of gas mask.

I walk over to the end to Cassandra's cell, she was huddled in a corner away from all blood, feces, and piss stains. And she's in the cleanest cell we have. I would have someone clean this place, but I don't hate anyone enough to do this job.

"Hey, can we talk?" I ask.

"Is he alive?" She asks quietly.

"Yea, he also found his mate. I think she was the reason why he made it actually. I watched how he sensed her, and began healing, and when she hugged him, it was as if he was never hurt in the first place."

"You saw what a mate does for someone, not just the eternal love, but the physical." Her hand reaches for mine on the gate. "The acceptance of it makes you unstoppable, completely capable, stronger than anything ever. But the bond makes you have your biggest weak spot. You can deny the love, but you'll always find your way back to your other half." She tells me.

"It's why you wanted me dead."

"When you were with that omega, I felt like I broke, and Calvin noticed. When we talked about it, I practically told him I didn't love him anymore. Calvin killed his mate to save me, and it's funny because he never allowed himself love anyone but her or me. So he's lost her, and now he's lost me. I-"

"You couldn't love him again, if I was always there. So you wanted to kill me." She nodded her head.

"The worst part is he gave me a chance to walk away, but I hated you so much."

"We all hate him honey." A rogue a couple cells down said.

"Shut the fuck up." I growled.

"I'll shut up when she kills you, pencil dick." He snickered, and the few other rogues laugh. I put up a finger to Cass telling her to hold on.

I walk over to the door and reached for the key. I unlocked the guys door, and he started spewing apologies, but I kicked him in the face. Although I kicked him too hard, and the sound of his neck breaking echoes throughout the dungeon. "Or you shut up now and forever more." I dust my hands off from touching the door, and shake the bottom of foot from the piss of the now dead rogue. "Anyone else has anything they want to say?" No answer. "No? Didn't think so."

I walk back over to Cassandras cage. "You didn't  have to kill him, most rogues are assholes because they hate where they are and the person that put them there. When you ignore them they'll feel more at a lost."

"Yeah, maybe. But I was raised in a pack where we kill for fun. So if he didn't want to die, he shouldn't have talked from the side of his mouth." I shrug. "Plus, if you'd kill me to protect what you have with Calvin, that sounds like love to me. We called him a while ago, he should be close now. The paperwork he has to do to get you out of here will take over night, I'll see you tomorrow."

I leave the dungeon, closing the door behind me. "Hey, I accidentally killed one of the rogues, can you find someone to do away with the body?" I ask.

"No problem Lucifer."

I know now, yea she has a blind obligation to Calvin, but she's in love with the guy, more than I can understand. Even if I wanted the physical power our bond possess, after everything we've been through, that we put ourselves through we would never actually love each other. That I understand now, and I hope she understands that soon enough.

I walk into the common room, looking for Livy, I owe her an apology.

"Joseph, where's Livy?" I ask.

"I don't know, I assumed when you got back that I didn't have to watch her. She probably ran off."

"Ran off?"

"Yea, you come back from a trip with her. Protect her, and after forty-five minutes of fighting you stay out there, twenty minutes later you come back inside, ignore her to go straight into the cell of your mate." He explained.

I don't say anything. "I just needed to speak with Cassandra. That's it."

"Well, now you have to go find Livy."