Chapter 44

-edited-
Cassandra's POV:

"Mommy, why are the babies fat?" CJ asks.

I smile, at him but he doesn't see. He's too busy staring at his chunky brothers. "That's because some babies are fat." I tell him.

"Was I fat?"

"Yes."

"No I wasn't." CJ said before leaving, causing me to be a bit puzzled.

My too boys are about four months old, and they are chunky babies, but they're still adorable... Princeton looks so much like Calvin, and and Francis looks like the both us. They both have black hair, but Francis's is a mixture between the both is us. He has my eyes and my smile, but Calvin's nose, ears, and eyebrows. Princeton is has Calvin's grayish blue eyes, and smile, nose, ears, and attitude.

We kind of let CJ pick their names. He wanted to name Princeton, Prince Pretzel, our compromise was Princeton Pierre Phenny. And he wanted to name Francis, French Fries, and then Friday, and after Friday was Macaroni... our comprise was Francis Mac Phenny. Calvin and I are still debating on telling them the truth behind their names in the future.

The babies aren't identical, the doctor said. After me and Calvin had a dispute on whether or not they were. I was right, because to me Princeton looks way too much like Calvin and Francis is both of us, it's not hard to tell them apart.

Putting them in their separate bouncers I know I can smell Calvin getting closer. I haven't been to the pack house in about 7 months. After my episode and getting 28 enforcers brutally murdered... the family didn't even get to burry the bodies. Angel sent us a crate, and inside that crate were 28 boxes, containing the ashes of their loved ones, a note attached "We didn't know any names, and we didn't want the bodies here, their death was payment enough so don't worry about paying us for cremating then. Farewell." The pack was pissed and they wanted to impeach me.

Calvin made a compromise with them, he said that I'll take a leave of absence for a year, to get my mind right, and take care of our kids. My own pack wishes me dead, even my own mother shuns me. But I don't regret the decision, I'll actually do it again, because I love Calvin with everything in my heart and he knows it as much as I do.

But like he said, until I can put the pack first, I can't go to the pack house. I feel guilty though, Calvin has been working twice as hard since my absence, I take care of him to the best of my ability when he gets home, but there's still a part of us missing from before.

Greeting him at the door, he plants a kiss on my lips before walking inside picking up CJ. He doesn't say anything, telling me today wasn't his best day. The pack doesn't fear him, so the looks of disgust and betrayal aren't hidden.

"How you doin buddy?" He asks CJ.

"The babies are fat, and mom won't stop feeding them." I'm happy CJ little remark puts a smile on Calvin's face.

"Oh yea?" Calvin asks. "What do you suppose we do to make the babies not fat anymore?" Calvin says as walks over to babies in their bouncers.

"Stop giving them food, so they can have it sometimes." CJ crosses his arms.

"I'm sorry, but that's not how that works son. Plus, you used to eat more than the both of them." CJ had a shocked expression that generated a chain of smiling.

"No way!" He exclaims.

"Yes way, you were a chunky baby." CJ jaw drops. "And now you're a chunky toddler." He temps to pick up  CJ, groaning and flexing his muscles as if he's made of metal.