Chapter 28

-edited-
Previously:

"Hi, this is Luna Cassandra," I instantly sit up as I hear her voice. They see me, and I can't take back my reaction. "I would accept under these few conditions. You said public apology, I want the surrounding packs to be there, a personal apology to me, my son, and my husband by Luna Angel, you, and the men who attacked my husband after they flipped the car, and Lucifer Adams. I want it in broad daylight maybe around nine A.M where the sun will still have hours to shine. I want breakfast provided for all the guest as well." I can feel her smiling, and my chest start to hurt again and suddenly I feel sick to my stomach. "Does tomorrow morning work?"

"Hi, Luna Cassandra, it's me Luna Angel, these conditions are perfectly fine, except for the men who attacked your husband. Alpha Calvin Phenny destroyed my men beyond repair so we had to put them down. Other than that me and my mate," she used that attacking word knowing her past, "we'll send out invitations, and have them RSVP you and me for confirmation. We'll see you tomorrow morning."

Once my sister hung up I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding. There was a point in her being here tomorrow, to see how I'd feel. Hearing her voice put my through a spiral, and they all just witnessed it.

Lucifer POV:

The whole time I was with Livy I couldn't think straight. My mind would only focus on the fact that Cassandra was going to be here tomorrow morning. The thought of what it would be like to see her now, I can feel my stomach churning.

I sit on a tree stump, and just stare into the dirt laying on the ground. It took a minute for Livy to realize I was behind and not listening, and when she did I could feel her concern. But she didn't say anything, she just sat in the empty space on the stump next to me and hugged me.

We stayed like this for maybe half an hour before she finally asked. "What has you down?"

"Everyone is going to find out during dinner, but I suppose I can tell you before everyone else." I corner my smile a bit. "My mates pack is coming here tomorrow, for an apology. It's going to be the first time I've seen her in three days. And I didn't care at first, I thought the bond was over... then I heard her voice and I haven't been able to stop thinking about her."

"I'm sorry Lucifer." She said softly. "Did you know Omegas can sense vulnerability... as weakest link it's easy to notice when someone normals feels as low as you do. That's one of the reasons why I asked to make you grilled cheese the other day."

I crunch my eyebrows as they narrowed, and lifted my eyes to look at her. I can see her eyes falter into a pool of regret. "You became friends with me because you thought that I was vulnerable?" I try to refrain from sounding angry, because I know the littlest of  anger will bring out the weak in her, but just the look in my eyes is making her close up.

"You were alone. You needed someone, even a friend. Someone that wouldn't ask questions, that'll just be there for you." I can hear her trying to stay at the same tone.

"What did you mean, 'Omegas can sense vulnerability'?" I ask more curious than offended.

"I don't know... it's more like a drawn, magnetism certain kind of thing." She struggles to find a way to explain it without poking at my sensitive anger. "Think of it as for every Omega there's at least nine pack members that are assigned to that one person. They don't know who they are unless they're at their lowest... or not their normal high." She added. "When the member is not ok, they give off this strong vibe and when an Omega ignores... it will only get stronger."

"I've never learned this."

"Yes you have, you just didn't care enough to remember. It's also the other reason why omegas around my age, work the nursery, the children are always vulnerable... just in a way." I sigh and look away, as I realize I was just an assignment to Livy, not a friend. I rub my face in my hands as I feel like leaving her.