Chapter 17

(Media Picture of Lucifer)

-edited-

Cassandra POV

8:42pm

Being alone is like a sickness, I feel bitter and hopeless. My heart aches for my baby who I can't find and my husband who I want to kill and destroy with everything in me for taking him. But I miss him, a part of me yearning for him and the other wishing I could end him.

"You'll be ok baby girl." I look up and see my dad looking at me, feeling my despair.

"Life was perfect. Not a fault in the world. Calvin and I were doing perfect, CJ was so happy and I was hoping that nothing would go wrong." I sigh as I realize I don't know when the next time things will be normal again. "I'm going to go to bed." I get up and I can feel my body weigh me down.

My shower was cold, and I know that it wasn't ideal but I also know. I will get them.

I don't bother to put on anything under Calvin's shirt that I picked out. Crawling under the sheets where Calvin scent still lingered and held onto CJs third favorite toy, smelling it as I slowly began to ease myself. Falling asleep.

11:06 pm

Cookies and brownies. 

I can instantly feel the need for the scent, my mouth filled with saliva and my heart racing. Licking up lips just wanting what I smelled. 

I put on some shorts and went to the kitchen, hoping to steal the snack of one of the pack members desert. Opening all three ovens and microwaves. Maybe the already grabbed them, and I follow the smell.

Stopping at my Alphas door I smell it, but it wasn't food and instantly realizing my heart began to race and my palms began to sweat as I know who's here, who was let here.

Before I could walk in, I smell him. My baby. Walking to the infirmary with urgency, I saw him all hurt and beaten and I start crying for feeling like a poor mother. My heart sank as I look into his stitches and wounds, like he's been attacked and as a mother should have been, I wasn't there for him.

I hold his face and say his name lightly a few time before his eyes started to shake up. I cried as he came to know that it was me but he only managed to smile, I pushed his hair back as I kissed his forehead.

"It was my fault." A voice said from the back corner. "I'm the reason your son is like this." I can my eyes burn and I don't know whether they're red or purple but I can kill whoever she is. "But before you try and fight me, there's something I feel there's something important that you should know. You may not believe me, but I think you should, it has to do with your father."

Lucifer's POV

11:11pm

".... so what the fuck are you doing here?"  Lukas asked trying not to yell.

"Her son was dying."

"Do you think I give a damn?" He asks coldly. "I love that boy I really do, but I thought this was about pushing my daughter to you, giving her a shoulder to cry on and mate to love and rule with."

"You don't think that's a little evil?" I ask him scrunching my eyebrows. "You don't think that if fate wanted us to be together without complications we'd be together without complications. But she did have a family when I met her and we tried to mettle and look how it turned out. As her father and the grandfather to her children you should not be willing to gamble with their lives. It's cold even for me."

"I'm doing what needs to be done for this pack!" He whispered yelled.

"But it's not your job anymore. You can't be alpha because there is already one in office. In fact we shouldn't be in her office." I snap quietly.