14: What did you do?

Belle's P.O.V.

What did I do?

My mind was jumbled as I slept, knowing Mabel liked me. Simone was going to use them.

Simone was going to destroy us.

I kept wondering who the demon was that Simone made a deal with.

Tad Strange? No, he's 100% human now.

Shawn Cipher? Dead.

Bethany Cipher? Maybe, but probably not. She actually likes me.

Zeke Cipher? No. He won't make deals.

Will? No. Too shy.

Willow? No!

Then who?

Pulling me out of my thoughts, I felt someone tap my shoulder lightly. I must've awoken an hour ago.

Dipper's P.O.V.

Belle was there. I had forgotten.  I was surprised to see when I woke up, she was awake, deep in thought.

I thought I heard her mumble things like, "Simone...." Or "Will? No. Too shy.  Willow? No."

I tapped her shoulder, and she jumped.

"I know a way to fix this if its who I think it is!" Belle exclaimed.

"Fix what? Who!" I whisper-yelled.

"I'm awake, you guys know!" Mabel groaned from across the room.

"I need Pinetree to sing with me. To summon Simome Cipher."

Mabel humphed.

Why me?

Mabel's P.O.V.

"I need Pinetree to sing with me...." Is all I heard before I let a single tear slip. I wiped it up and humphed.

Why him?

Why not me?

The dream I had last night was fantastic. Belle is supposed to be the master of dreams, why can't she see mine?

Why does she say 'Pinetree this, Dipper that'?

Why? Why? Why?

Why not me?

Belle's P.O.V.

I knew of Mabel's heartbreak. But, it could be her who I have to sing with.

The words come naturally to the other one in the ritual.

Right?

Mabel's P.O.V.

I sat there, thinking, when all of the sudden the world turned greyscale.

"B-Bill? B-Belle?" I squeaked out.

I had been crying, because I knew Belle would never like me.

"Hey kid. I'm Simone! But you can call me your friend."

"My friend?"

"Yeah! You look pretty lonely. What's wrong, Star?"

"It's just that my bro and I love the same person and they chose Dipper."

"Sucks," Simone said, "but you got me!"

"Yeah." I sniffed.

"Say, shake on it? I be your friend as long as you live and you be mine?"

"Sure!" I said, not thinking. Simone seemed nice.

I grabbed her hand, which immediately had reddish pinkish flames surrounding our hands. She yanked, possessing my body.

"Sorry Star, but I need this for a few. You'll get it back...five hours tops!"

"Okay.... Friend."

Dipper's P.O.V. (Sorry about the quick POV changes)

Later that day, I was sitting on the porch reading the journal, when Mabel approached me.

"Do you like Belle?" She had asked.

"Yes," I responded. "Belle is a good friend."

"Dipper. You know what I mean."

"Yeah, I do."

"But," Mabel said, "you know I LIKE HER!"

"Mabel, what has gotten into you?" I take a good look a her eyes, seeing that they are tinted red, most likely from crying.

"I like her! How can you be so rude as to like her too! She's mine!"

"Mabel.... Just because you like a person doesn't mean I have to, back off."

"YES IT DOES!" Mabel threw a pebble at me.

"Stop. You're hurting me."

I never noticed that the door creaked open slowly, that Mabel picked up a large stone, that Belle's head popped out the door. I never noticed how angry Mabel was being, how aggressive. It seemed normal.

I never noticed how that large rock, that Mabel picked up, was aimed for my head.

I never noticed how she threw it, how time seemed to slow down.