39: Triplets Aren't Possible

Bill's POV

Charmellion and I walked into the desecrated home, to be met with the temporary nanny that was there.

She didn't recognize her own King.

"What are you two here for?" Her shrill voice had screeched at me.

I kept my cool.

"I have made a personal arrangement to take the triplets off your hands. If we may, I must see them."

"I'm only letting someone with the royal crest through, idiot!"

"Oh? So you want to be arrested and executed for treason? Is that it? If not, if suggest you bow and let your King see the children," I told her, sarcasm showing slightly.

"O-oh! You're the King?" She bowed. "I'm very sorry! I'm grateful to be graced with your presence!" Her shrill tone was enough to shatter my eardrums, but I wouldn't give into the temptation of cutting her tongue off to stop it from yammering.

I wouldn't be that person again. I will show myself that I've changed.

I immediately went to the children's room, and looked at their sleeping faces. Charmellion followed me.

No, it can't be!

"Your Highness, what's wrong?"

I checked their power signals. I swear my non-beating heart skipped a few beats. I couldn't breath.

It is! I knew something was off...I felt it probably when they were born!

But still, I don't believe it. It's been past a century! Why now!

The three children came back to the palace with me that day.

I named them, careful not to include anything to remind them of their past lives in their names.

The first one of the group had chestnut hair, and sparkling pink-ish purple eyes. I called her Ariel Cipher. She was constantly smiles. She might look different, but she's still her.

The second, had brown hair, yet not as dark. Her eyes were golden, mixed with a brightly intense yellow. I named her Nebula Cipher.

The last, the only male of the group, looked much like the first female, but his eyes were more of a deep blue with a hint of emerald green. A mark shown on his forehead, and no, it wasn't Ursa Major. It was the constellation humans called Leo the Lion. This boy with chestnut hair, I dubbed him Alex Leo Cipher. He still was the same. No matter what. He'd always be the same.

Charmy's POV

King Bill was paying too much attention to those three brats. I mean, he's caring for all three on his own? Why not hire a nanny or something?

He had no time for the throne room, except for checking up on his kingdom and brief Royal Decrees! He spent no time with me anymore, and wouldn't let me near those brats!

Perhaps he read my mind, in one of my jealous rages! Or maybe, he hates me!

He's overprotective of those three brats, and I don't understand why! I know that they're powerful, as all hell. I mean, I checked their power signals as well, but really? He's going through too much trouble.

He has a kingdom to run after all!
And a friend to spend time with!

Those children are done for once I get my hands on them. Dumb Brats.