18: Why Her?

Belle's P.O.V.

Goat. No. Not Mabel. It shouldn't have been her. It's supposed to be me.

My soul wouldn't have passed. I would've been trapped in the Mindscape. My soul is pure energy, immortal.

If my vessel died I would've visited the twins in their dreams. I could've shoved Pinetree out of the way but Shooting Star was too fast for me to shove. I was seconds to late.

Mabel's vessel was placed on her bed, I made it look like she was in a coma. I had to heal all her wounds.

Which was hard, considering her state of mind. Or rather, state of no mind.

I hate Simone. I hate Bill. I hate Myself.

I stayed in the twins' room, letting my cuts turn scabs, letting those scabs turn scars.

In Shooting Star's memory, I carved her symbol on my stomach. Where it would be on her sweater. That would scar.

At one point or another, I had gone to the bathroom, healed the slash across my eye, and carved a triangle around my eye. That would be a scar too. 

As I was carving the Triangle, Dipper, Pinetree, had come to check on me.

Having....having no idea that he wasn't...he didn't have a twin anymore. He had seemed down, but thought Shooting Star was simply resting. Thought she was simply in a coma.

"B-belle? What are you...BELLE?" Dipper had screamed as I carved the triangle into my face.

"N-n-nothing," I murmured, "Pi-Pi-Pinetree."

Go away. You remind me too much of Shooting Star.

"Belle. I...cover up anything I shouldn't see. I'm coming in."

He waited a minute. Then came in.

He spotted the blood mess by the mirror, saw the fact I had never healed any of my wounds. He was surprised that the upside down triangle was slashed around my eye.

"Belle? What did...what did you do?"

"I-I.....I only....carved a triangle."

And your sisters symbol.

"Why?"

"In...in honor....of..." I trailed off.

"In honor of what?"

"Mabel." I mumbled, so it came out more like "Mehbleh"

"What? Belle. What did you say?"

"Nothing. Never mind."

I cleaned up the mess with my powers and went to my newly added air mattress.

I took off my regular jacket and put on the sweater Shooting Star had made for me.

I put on one of my two eyepatches on that Shooting Star had given me once my face stopped bleeding.

I used magic to elongate my hair to the style of Mabel's.

I cried. I didn't know what else to do. I leaned my head up against Mabel's bed frame where she lay.

I...

I wish....

I wish this would....

I wish this would all go away.

I can help with that.