38: Fate, Destiny, Whatever You Want To Call It!

Bill's POV

Soon enough, I had created a monarchy in this dimension. It had taken so much sacrifice, that it would kill me to have it destroyed.

My sane side had spoken up, and taken the reigns on the operation before my insane side could fully desecrate this world.

I spent my days sane, finally sane. Everyday was fun, being a ruler in a kingdom, a kingdom that had no money to be seen. My kingdom was blossoming, demons and humans worked together to make it peaceful, to grow crops, to live. Every night demons and humans feasted on animal souls and the meat from the animals they caught, and crops they all had grown. No part of the animal was wasted.

Demons helped humans through sickness, humans helped demons stay sane.

It was beautiful.

But there was just one thing, one large thing nagging the back of my mind.

Why did there have to be so much sacrifice to make this utopia?

The human population, I feel bad about that. Cut down by around one million. The problem was that they all died from a sickness that came from exposure to demons.

I hadn't planned it that way.

Three lives though. They were what held more guilt than those one million.

The lives of halflings, Stella, Mabel, Shooting Star, and Alcor, Dipper, Pinetree.

The life of my own twin, killed by my own hands, Belle Cipher.

Because of this, I made a law that stated that all twins born must be shown to me so I might tell if they reincarnated. Of course, the public didn't know why I had put the law in or the reason for it.

Tears stung my eyes as I sat in my throne room, thinking about them. Those three lives that changed the future.

I had recently made a law that stated demons could marry humans, and it was widely supported. Demons fell in love with the humans, humans required those feelings.

My utopia was still far from perfect.

"King Cipher, King Cipher!" My assistant, whom was no more than 12 human years old, and called herself Charmy, caught my attention.

I wiped the tears out of my eyes.

"Charmy," I spoke, trying to coat my voice with warmth, "I've told you to call me Bill. You've earned that right!"

"Sorry Bill..." She said with tears in her eyes.

"No need to apologize. Now what's up?"

"A...a family. They...they've been struck down with demon exposure, and the demon wife has already died. The children aren't being affected but only because they're halflings. We've looked all over but they have no relatives," Charmy explained. "King, what should we do? Our world has none of these things that the old world had; I think they were called orf-fan-edge?"

"Close, close. Orphanages."

"But what about the children?"

"Are...are they twins?" I asked, curious if someone hadn't shown their twins to me.

"No sir. Triplets."

A spark must've shown in my eyes, something.

"Would you like me to fetch them, sir?"

"Yes."

It must be them. Demons can't have more than two children at once...not even with a human husband or wife!

If it isn't...no! No thinking about that!

"Sir?"

"Charmy, I will personally fetch these children with you accompanying me!" I told her.

The look of shock on her face said she was confused and surprised all at once.

"I'll tell you why on the way there, Charmellion."

(Charmy's full name is like chameleon but with Charm in the way of the "chame". Oh, and do you get the reference up ahead?)

"Aye Sir!" Charmy saluted and left to prepare. I had one of my three servants prepare my bags for me.

Sometime Later (in the carriage)

Now in 3rd Person POV

"King Bill, may I ask something?" Charmy spoke from the other side of the carriage.

"You just did, kid."

"Oh."

"Shoot."

"Okay! I was wondering...why you are personally going to see the triplets?" Charmy asked slightly nervous.

She had seen his insane side take over once. Charmy didn't want to witness that again.

"I have a suspicion. Also, a demon-human pairing can't have triplets. It's not possible," Bill responded, a sadness gleaming in his eyes.

"What's wrong, Sir?"

"It's something from my past. You know how I took over earth about 100 years ago?"

"Yeah! It says in the books that you took down all who opposed, and nothing would stop you from creating a utopia for the survivors!" Charmy explained, telling Bill what she knew with excitement.

"It's all lies." Bill stated. "That was something a random person said, and it stuck. In truth, all the humans who died did so because of demon exposure."

"You didn't kill anyone?" Charmy asked, seemingly disappointed in her King.

"No, I did," Bill's mind flashed to the images of Pinetree, Stella and Belle dying. "But Charmy, I didn't want to. Well, my insane side did. It wanted everyone dead. At the time my same side did as well. I just...regret killing her."

"Ooh," Charmy teased, "Billy has a crush?"

"It's not like that! I can have you executed for treason if you say that ever again about her! Or the other two!"

"Sorry!"

Charmy and Bill sat in silence for a moment.

Then she spoke up.

"If you don't mind me asking...who were the other two to you?"

"Well, I don't care if you know...I suppose. The first I spoke of, she was my...I mean..." Bill choked up. "The second was a powerful demon going against my rule. She went by three names, and each were as cheerful as she. I killed her an her brother on a basis of their names. Actually, all three died based off one of their names. The third was...someone I wanted to rule with me. He was the only one who'll keep my insanity in check. But now, I have you to do that!" Bill explained, leaving out his twin.

"But...the first? Who was she to you?"

A tear slipped down the rulers' face.

"Oh, I didn't mean to bring back painful memories, Bill! I'm sorry!"

"No need to be. I have to face this eventually. You see, the third was my own-- oh look, we're here." He said as the carriage stopped.

Charmellion's thoughts in that moment were as follows these words.

Oh yeah. We're here. Just when I was about to learn more about his Highness, my King. I wish he'd just tell me who he really is, instead of hiding it. Well, he was about to...