34: They Once Shone Like Diamonds

Belle's POV

Surprisingly, Dipper had taken the hit meant for me, the half mortal had saved the immortal.

How pathetic.

Shut up, Insane.

Fine.

Dipper's thought, as he was hurled across the room, echoed out loud.

Now that took true raw power.

I heard him, and Mabel teared up when she did. I did my best not to cry and to stay silent.

Goodbye, Mabel. I'm sure we'll meet again.

In a fit of rage, Stella ran at Bill, landing blows. Bill was defending himself, but grinning like a maniac.

I checked Alcor over for a life signal.

Life Status: Alcor: 20% life left

Appeared in my mind.

I was already exhausted from doing the analyzing. It took a lot of energy and I hadn't done the spell in a while, but I had to keep pushing my magic to the limits.

Consciousness: Yes

I was drained of power.

Alcor was still alive, somewhat conscious and still well enough to breath.

"Oh dearest Stella, Sister, Alcor! You didn't think I'd let you off the hook THAT easily, did you? Just giving you a PAINLESS death wouldn't be FUN! Now," Bill had weakened all three of us, and made sure we were drained of power.

He leaned me up against a wall.

"Who should go first? Pinetree or Shooting Star? Let's see...Pinetree is more fun to torture, but I might finally break the Star of the show! Oh, so many options!"

Bill cast magic towards Stella and I, wounding us as badly as Dipper was.

A large gash spread across my stomach, and Mabel's arm was almost falling off.

I revived her once. I AM NOT GOING TO LOSE HER AGAIN!

Determination took hold of my mind, a newfound strength found its way through my bones.

The gashes and burns that lacerated my body began to heal.

Still weak, I spoke.

"N..no."

"No? No! I can do whatever I PLEASE," he said, and at 'please' he threw fire my way, "you know that, Sister?"

Bill - not the Bill I knew and loved and had grown up with, but this demon nacho that had taken control of that sweet, caring brother of mine - had a grin spread across his face. It was wide, his teeth pointy, and his smile maniac.

"You're not my brother...so you can't do...whatever you like..." I said, in between panting like a dog.

His eye wasn't normal. It had filled in - all of it - the pupil, iris, everything was yellow and his other was a reddish galaxy.

"Oh but sister, I AM YOUR BELOVED BROTHER! In the FLESH! Ahhahahaha! AHHAHAHAHA!"

"Anyways. I've decided! PINETREE GOES FIRST!"

He snapped, and chains held Alcor in place. Purple chains.

The Mindscape Demon was to die at the hands of a lowly Dream Demon.

A purple flame headed in Dipper's direction, hitting him in the chest.

Screams of NOO! coming from Mabel were blocked out of my ears.

I was...I felt...no. This is worse than when Mabel....died at first.

His chest was now ash, his eyes open and dull.

His hat was close enough to the point where I could reach it. So I put on the dead mans hat.

With tears I didn't know were there, streaming down my face, I chanted a spell.

"Dw wkh hqgv ri rxu olyhv zh zloo zdlw iru hdfk rwkhu, uhlqfduqdwh zlwk hdfk rwkhu. Vwhood. Ehooh. Dofru. Ghprqv."

"Shooting Star! You're next!" Bill screeched.

I couldn't stop looking at Dipper.

"Sister! You must watch this!"

His eyes. So dull.

"SISTER!"

When they once shone like diamonds.

"SISTER BELLE!"

His eyes.

Tears trickled down my face in further succession.

If Bill wanted to break me, he already did.

Just by letting me see his dull, clouded eyes.