SOF Chapter 9

I walk down a glass hallway, having the full view of Manhattan city. Damn it, this penthouse is a dream. As I passed the hallway, I get greeted by white marble floor. The living area. It's a huge room. A room in which you could play tennis and golf at the same time. I also notice the amazing skyline of the whole city! All windows are french windows. It's a 360 view of the city by night. My breath gets stuck. WOW.
I see a leather sitting area on the right, a couch on which probably ten people could sit. Then there is a cupboard and I see a dining table, with sixteen chairs. I turn around and see the fireplace, made of platin and a small couch in front of it. The fire is burning, giving the huge cold room a cozy feeling. I walk into the room a little more and notice that there's a black piano in the corner of the left side. I bet he plays piano as well.
"What do you think about a Pouilly Fumé?"
"I have no clue about wine. Give me any wine, I don't care. I bet it is good, Richard." I say and bite on my lip.  Shouldn't call him by his first name. He doesn't like it. And I don't want to upset him. Not tonight. Bot when I'm on a mission.
I hear a footsteps behind me and turn around. He is walking towards me, holding two glasses filled with white wine. The kitchen is right behind him. There are white cupboards and everything looks clean. As if the kitchen has never been used before.
"Here." He hands me the glass. It's made put of crystal. Of course.
I take a sip and continue looking at the kitchen. Marble working plates. Five chairs in front of the island.
"You're very still. You haven't said a word since we landed. Plus you didn't blush. I believe, I've never seen you so pale, Maine." He notices. "Are you hungry?"
"No." I say as U turn my head slightly to the right to see the view which the kitchen offers. Breathtaking. Just like the rest of the penthouse. "You have a big penthouse." I say noticing.
"Big?"
"Yes, big." Even the word 'huge' wouldn't satisfy the size of the penthouse. So I decide to stick to big.
"Yes." He agrees. His eyes are grinning, as if he enjoys seeing me so speechless.

I drink another sip of the wine. "Do you play?" I ask him, nodding at the piano.

"Yes."

"Good?"

"Yes."

"Of course. Would you play something for me?" I ask him.

Uhm....Yes. My subconsciousness says confused. "Not if you don't want to."

He takes the crystal glass out of my hand and place it on the island  in the kitchen. Then he takes my hand and we walk over to the piano. He sits on the music stool in front of it, "What would you like to hear?"

"Something I might know." I say smiling. The I notice the guitar next to the Piano.

He nodds and start to play.

"May I take the guitar?" I ask him, this guitar is worth a fortune. Probably more than this penthouse. I know what song he plays right away. It's one of my favorites. But the guitar is missing.

"You play?" he asks me as I pick it up. A guitar made out of pure luxury.....

"Yes, Mr. Faulkerson."

"Good?" he asks me, stopping with the song.

"of course." I say, repeating his answer only seconds ago. "Why did you stop?"'

"What else do you play?" he asks me curiously. Is music the way to his soul?"

I sit next to him on the music stool, placing the guitar carefully on the floor. You don't want to break a guitar this amazing. "I play the violin. And the piano, just like you."

"Of course Miss Mendoza." he says a little amazed by my skills, "where did you learn it?"

"I taught it myself, I started with the piano at the age of six. Then I taught myself how to play  the violin with ten. I learned how to play the guitar from my first boyfriend. He was such a rockstar...." I say and laugh a little. "My parents definitely didn't like him."