SOF: Chapter 48

"Love me Back to Life"

I move my head to the right and see that I am at the hospital. I'm lying in a typical hospital bed. But this is not a typical hospital room. This room is decorated so stylish that it has to be a room for private patients. Over the side I see beautiful bouquets of pink lilies. The room is filled with flower bouquets and in every bouquets there's a card. My eyes slowly move from right to left as I follow the different bouquets: Peonies, Lilies, roses, carnation, tulips and sunflowers. My eye stop at the biggest flower bouquets of peonies,lilies and carnations. My favorite flower in the world. I smile. Then my eyes move above the flower bouquets and I see a "Get well soon!" sign. How long have I been here? How long have I been sleeping?

I look at the window. I can see the Manhattan skyline. I am still in New York City. That calms me in way. But it's already winter. The season has changed already. Snow flakes are falling down. My eyes move down from the window to the sleeping figure in the arm chair. His body covered with a blanket. His hair is a mess and he hasn't shaved in at least two weeks....But that all doesn't matters.

I smile at him, feeling my dry lips, I'm thirsty. My eyes focus on the two glasses filled with water, which are standing just a couple of inches away from me. I lift my body and reach from one glass, but the horrible pain in my chest keeps me from grabbing the glass.

In the corner of my eyes , I can see Richard shivering a little in the armchair.

I tried to reach the glass, shaking it until it falls off the nightstand and shatters into a thousand pieces on the ground.

"Damn it." I curse and I brush my hair. feeling the stitch on my forehead. I hope it doesn't leave a scar.

Richard jumps up, his eyes wide awake. He puts the blanket beside him. Gosh, he still sexy - even though I've just ripped him out of his dreams. Then his glaze meets mine.

For seconds, he doesn't move. he just stares into my eyes and I stare back. Admiring those eyes, I can see it was filled hope .Filled with happiness. and then I see the sparkle in his eyes.

"Hi."  I whisper to him with a soft smile on my lips, breaking the comfortable silence.

"Maine," he breaths out, still looking at me like I am a ghost. He doesn't move an inch. For another minute, he was just sitting there, not moving. Probably not believing that I'm awake.

"Richard." I say back to him in a whisper tone.

He walks over to me, slowly and still glamorously. Even though he hasn't shaved.He hasn't looked any sexier than just now. Gosh those eyes!

He stop next to me and takes my hand, "You're awake."

I smile softly at him, "Seems like it, Mr. Faulkerson."

He returns my smile and bends down on me, "I've missed your sharp tongue, Miss Mendoza."

"Hope that's not he only thing you missed." I say to him as his hands touches my cheek. I close my eyes as I wanted to hold on to this moment  like it'd be our last one.

I open my eyes and see his eyes focused on the floor. On the broken glass. "Are you thirsty?"

I nodd and he hands me the glass. I take a sip and feel better already.

"Gosh, you're awake....." he whispers as he buries his head on my neck. I close my eyes. Being so close to him is all I want. All I need. I wrap my hands around his muscular upper body, feeling the pain in my chest. I try to ignore it. But I can't. it's too strong. Then I feel my nightgown getting wet. He's crying.

But only for a second he show me how it really looks inside him. Then he lifts his head and I look into his eyes. There are no signs of tears. No signs of his true feelings. He could earn million of dollar with his poker face. But then again, this man has more than enough money already.

"How are you?" he ask me in a soft way as he gets seated on a chair, next to me.

"My chest hurts and I really hope that the stitches on my forehead won't leave a scar." I joke causing him to show me his best smile yet.

"I promise there won't be a scar. Mark stitched you up himself. He's one of the few surgeons who have a special technique,which doesn't leave a scar."

I nodd. "That's calming."

"But other than that you're okay?"

"I'm a little tired, to be honest. Plus, I feel weak." I say honestly.

"No wonder, they put quite a lot of medication cocktails into you." Richard says his eyes moving to my left. I follow his glaze and I see that I'm connected in four different infusions. One blood transfusion, the other one is vitamin mix and the third one is saltine solution. The fourth is liquid food, to keep me nourished.

"That doesn't seem so bad...." I say and smile a little. "Nothing to worry about." I say with a shrugg and feel the pain in my chest again.

His eyes move again, "How can you be so calm? You just awoke from a coma, Maine?"

"A coma?!"

vote/comment

"Love me Back to Life" by Celine Dion.

enjoy reading😊