SOF: Chapter 53

As I enter the penthouse. I get greeted by soft music and dim lights.

"Richard?" I ask into the empty hallway.

"Stay there! Don't move." I hear voice from the living area.

"Or what?" I ask him back grinning, but yet I didn't move an inch.

"Or you'll get in serious trouble, Miss Mendoza." he says as he walks towards me.

I smile as I eyeball him. Gosh, he looks so hot!

He returns my smile and stops in front of me. "I hope you will like it."

"Like what?" I ask him confused.

"I've told that there were some people here while you were in the hospital didn't I?"

I nodd. " What exactly did they do?"

He grins at me before he places his hands on my eyes. "That's a surprise, Miss Mendoza." he whispers as he leads me through the hallway.

"I swear if you'll lead me against a wall, you will suffer from a very long sex dry spell." I say and he chuckles.

"I don't want to risk that....." he says and stops. "Are you ready?"

I nodd. "I just really hope you didn't turn your apartment into a crypt."

"Sure that won't happen. One..Two...Three!" he says before he takes his hand away from my eye.

My eyes flutter a little, to adjust to the lightning first.What I see makes my breath stuck. It's amazing what they did out of he former penthouse. They turned it into a cozy home, yet it hasn't lost any of it's style/ the white walls are now painted in a light beige tone, a champagne color really.

"WoW." I breath out, scanning the area in disbelief.

"Ready for a little tour?" he asks me before taking my hand and leading me to the right. He seems excited. Excited for someone who still have seven other girlfriends.

We stop in front of the open fireplace. above it hangs a painting. A beautiful landscape. But as soon as I look closer at the painting. I recognize that these are pictures. A thousand little painted pictures.

"Is that....?" I ask him shocked.

"It's from the same artist as the painting in my office. Clayton. I remember you liked it when you first visited me in my office. For the interview."

I can't help but smile, "Something so unimportant shouldn't be remembered."

"It's not unimportant when it's coming from you." he says and return my smile.

I turn around and get greeted by a new- dark red- couch. "A new couch."

"Where's the piano?" I ask him confused. Did he throw it away? A piano?!

"You'll see. Just wait and see." he says before he leads me into a brand new kitchen.

The modern chrome kitchen has been replaced by white cupboards. While it still looks modern, the white cupboards give it something homely. On the island stand several bottles, wine bottles to be exact. Empty wine bottles without their bottle neck.

"Why are there wine bottles on the island?" I ask him confused. It look weird.

"These are the wines we've already drunk." he says picking up a bottle, "The Pouilly Fume, was the wine we drank when I cooked for the first time for you. I made lasagna. The evening you chose me."