SOF Chapter 22

*The Family Dinner part 2*

During the dinner...

"What, you won't greet your roommate?" Valerie asked me, "Did you argue or something?"

"Valerie!" Meredith hissed at her.

"Sorry." she apologized, "But did you?"

" we did not argue, Valerie." Patricia ensures her in a soft voice. "We just....."

"Yeah..." I say a little insecure.

"Well, what are the big news?"Richard says.

"You mean beside Samuel showing up with a girlfriend and you showing up with a whor---girlfriend?"

"Valerie!" Mark warns her.

"Oh come on, like you have something to say in this family!"

"Valerie, Do you really wanna do this?" Samuel asked her worried, "You really want to turn this family dinner into-"

"Fine." 

"Thank you." All Faulkerson/Grey/Sloane members say at once.

I glance at Patricia, who shrugs.

"Richard told me that you live in Paris. It must've be amazing there."

"Sure you probably never went there." she hissed at me. Ouch. Richard  shot a look at her. "But  it so indeed really nice in France. So nice that I decided to study art there."

"No more cooking?" Samuel ask her.

"No more cooking." she announced as proud as possible with a huge grin on her lips.

"Oh thank god." Meredith says in relief and we  all  laugh a little, "You were a horrible cook."

"Coming from you, mother. " Valerie says, rolling her eyes.

"Fine, I might not be the best cook, but that's why we have Mrs. Jefferson." Meredith said. Seconds later the woman appears holding a plate with delicious food on it. I wonder if I'm allowed to eat anything. I should've take a look at the nourishment attachment of the contract. Damn it.

"So how's Paris? How are the French Boys?" Patricia ask as well all start eating.

"French boys are so lame! Plus, they all have a horrible accent when they speak English! But they're good in bed I must confess." She says and we all laugh again.

"Yeah, that's Valerie.Not going to mince matters." Richard whispers to me. "She's just a little pissed that Samuel and I brought company." He explains his sister's attitude.

I nodd, "Of course. I understand."

"So, Paris?" Mark ask her.

"Right, so the men are totally horrible. My cooking class was alright. I mean, I really learned a lot and...."

I stare at her confused as she continues to tell the story in a flawless French. I look around myself and notice that every other member on the table is still listening closely. They all speak French fluently, I assume.

I have no idea what she is talking about and I look helplessly at Richard. He understands my look right away and ask Valerie to talk in English again, so every member would understand it. Then she says something with my name in it, but I don't understand it. My three years of French in High school weren't enough for that.