SOF: Chapter 52

We stop in front of Vera Wang store in New York City. A Vera Wang gown, that's what she wished for since she's a little kid. I smile. Her wish has come true.

"That's where she is." he says pointing into the store.

I look at him. "You won't get inside?"

He shakes his head, "No, I'll see the bride in her gown on her wedding day. Plus, while you're here I can do some work."

"Goodbye." he says and kisses my hand.

I take a deep breath before entering the store. A receptionist walk over to me. "This is a private showing. The store is not open for customers, I'm sorry."

I nodd and smile softly. "I know. I'm the bride's maid of honor."

She looks at me in disbelief, "Really?"

"Yes. Ask her yourself if you don't believe me."

"That won't be necessary." she says smiling at me. She must've seen me with Richard Faulkerson." Well follow me Ms..........?"

"Miss Mendoza."

she shows me her perfect white teeth, "Miss Mendoza. Right, Miss Cruz has mentioned you."

I smile at her, as I follow her through the glamorous store. Everything's in a light beige with soft pinks,blue and green here and there. The soft white carpet makes you want to take off your shoes and walk barefoot, but of course I couldn't do that now. although I really would like to.

She stops in front of an open door, "Miss Cruz is in this room with Miss Grey and Miss Hamilton."

I nodd, "Thank you."

"Would you like a glass of champagne?"

I shake my head, "Water would be great, though."

She nodds at me before she walks away. i take one last breath before I walk into the room. There's a podest and a huge mirror in front on which Patricia stands. She looks beyond breathtaking in her wedding gown. It's an ivory colored strapless taffeta gown with asymmetrically draped bodice, scooped neckline and full ball gown tulle skirt with a floral sash. She looks amazing. Like a real bride. Her hair locks falling loosely on her bare shoulders and her eyes are sparkling.

"Patty, you look.....WOW!" I manage to say with tears forming my eyes.

Patricia turn around in her huge wedding gown, "Maine..." she breaths out, looking down at me from the podest. Then she picks up the taffeta gown, so she can walk down the steps before she runs into my arms.

"Gosh, I'm so glad you're awake. Alive." she whispers into my ears as she wraps her arms around me.

"You look breathtaking, Pat." I say and see the tears rolling down her cheeks. I laugh, "Stop crying, or your make-up will ruin this beautiful dress."

She laughs as well, "You're right."

"Gosh, Pat, this is amazing. You are a bride!"

She turns around looks at her reflection in the mirror, "I know, right? It's crazy. In two days, I'm going to be Mrs. Grey."

"A damn good, Mrs. Grey." I say smiling at her.

"OhmyGod!" I hear voices say and I turn around.

Valerie and Amanda stands in the door frame, both breathless.

"Maine!" they say at once and hug me tightly. Ouch. Not so good with my ribs.

I whine and they let go of me.

"Sorry!" Amanda apologizes. "I can't believe you're here. As in, here!"

I smile at the two women. "I'm glad I'm awake as well. But let's turn the attention to the bride again, shall we?"

"You look amazing."

"Best bride ever." Amanda says grinning at Patricia.

"I'm just glad my maid of honor is here." Patricia says and hug me. Somehow her hugs don't hurt.

I smile at her. "So where will be the wedding?"

Amanda looks at me surprised. "You don't know?"

"I literally woke up yesterday. All I did was sleep so far. Richard didn't really had time to inform me yet...."

"You're back with him?" Amanda asks me.

I shrugg, "I don't know. Maybe. It's complicated."

"He was at your bedside every night, Maine." Patricia says to me.

"Plus he felt pretty bad without you...." Valerie says with a shrugg.

"I noticed....." I trailed off.

"There's something you don't want to tell us. What is it?" Patricia asks me suspiciously.

"Nothing."

"Oh come on."

"Really it's nothing." I say and suddenly I felt a little dizzy.

"Are you alright?" Patricia ask me a little worried.

"A little dizzy, that's all." I say and feel the headache again.

"Sit down." Amanda says to me, pointing to a chair.

I nodd and sit down on the comfortable armchair. "So, what about the bridesmaid dresses?

"They are beautiful." Amanda says smiling.

"Your dress is already laying in your closet. Richard picked it up four days ago. There's no need for any more fitting." Patricia says and disappears into a changing room.

"Did you already had a bachelorette party?"

"No, we decided to not do one since you couldn't be there..." Amanda explains to me.

"So, no bachelorette party?"

"We could have a get-together on Friday night." Valerie suggest.

"But no party. I don't think you could handle a party." Patricia says, walking out the changing room.

"You're right." I say nodding.

"Gosh, I'm so glad we have you back, Maine." Patricia said while hugging me softly. "We all are."

I'm sorry guys for the late update.Something came up.
and also I need to finish something.

enjoy reading.

vote/comment thank you

follow this

authors: mchay101 Yellowjazz NorikoTheGhost TheLadder89 DonRomanTCo