SOF Chapter 21

*The Family Dinner*

"Okay, you'll need a little family background history for this dinner, I guess." Richard says as we are on the road, driving straight to his parents house.

"Yeah , that would make me feel a little more.....secure." I say with a nervous smile on my lips. Why do you care? You won't sign the freaking contract anyway, my subconsciousness says. Oh yes she will! Because she doesn't want to end up with zillion cats! My inner goddess protests. I shake my head and look at Richard.

"As you already know I was adopted. At the age of six. Meredith Grey and Michael Hamilton adopted me, making me part of the family. Samuel is adopted as well. They weren't able to have any children-that is until Valerie was born. She's the only biological child in this family. But doesn't matter. Because biological or not--we are one family. Not a big one, but as I already said-"

"You don't want to expand your family." I finished his sentence.

"Yes."

"Why is your last name Faulkerson?" I ask him confused.

"That's my father's name. My biological father."

"Oh. Have you met him?"

He shakes his head. "Until this day. I wasn't able to find him."

"But he is still alive?" I ask him.

"Yes."

"What about your mother? Biological mother, I mean."

"She's not worth to talk about." he says, his dark eyes looking at me.

"Okay...." I just crossed the line. I got the message.

"Anyways, you should also know that my family....Well, nothing's as it seems."

"What exactly does it mean?"

"I've told you my mother loves surgery, didn't I? She loves her work. Not only does she love it because of the surgery, but because my father doesn't work in the hospital. She also loves her mentor-Dr. Shepherd."

"What?!" I ask him shocked. She's having an affair.

"Yeah, and he is Mark's best friend on the top of that. They were at med school together in New York."

"That's....." I am speechless, "I thought your Dad is a lawyer."

"My mother got divorced. New husband: plastic surgeon, Mark Sloane. Old husband: Lawyer, Michael Hamilton."

"Was it a messy divorce?"

He shook his head, "They had everything arranged. It was a short and clean cut."

I nodd, "This is good...I mean, it is, isn't it?"

He shruggs, "I don't know if she's better off now. I mean, it's not like she's the only one with an affair in this marriage."

"W-what do you mean by that?"

"Mark is having an affair with her sister, Lexie."

"Does it get any crazier than this?" I ask him after a second

He smiles, "Her son is a polyamorist."

I laugh, "No wonder you turned out this way........."

"The reason is another......" He stops, He doesn't want to talk about it. Not yet anyways.

"So will Mark hate me or was it the lawyer who would hate me?"