SOF: Chapter 51

Beautiful in my Eyes

The beautiful sunlight wakes me up the next morning. I grumble as the light strikes. I closed my eyes and roll over, trying to get more sleep. My hand strikes the left side of the bed and I feel that it's empty. My eyes flutter open and they prove to me what I've already thought; He's gone. He left the bed already.

I sigh and lift myself in the cozy bed. I rub my eyes and look at the window admiring the view which once again takes my breath away. I hear the double door opens.

"Good Morning." I hear his voice greeting me.

I look at him and smile as I see him carrying a tray filled with fruits, french toast and a single yellow carnation flower.

"Wow! Breakfast in bed, what did I do to deserve this?" I ask him as he walks over to me.

"You're alive. That's reason is enough." he says to me as he give me a morning kiss.

 I smile softly at him and eat the fruits, "Tell Mrs. Santos that she did an excellent job."

"Mrs. Santos didn't do that." he says to me and I stare back at him confused.

"Wait a second, Did Richard Faulkerson do this all on his own? Man, I must've missed a lot then." I joke before I continue eating the french toast.

"While you were in the hospital, I worked in the morning for about four hours, since I wanted to spend most of the time with you. I only did the most important things and if there where emergencies, I usually got to them in the middle of the night next to your hospital bed. Usually I went back at one o' clock to this apartment, to check what's going on here. If they need anything for changes then went back to the hotel where I am staying for about two months, to change and get shower. I ask the chief cook to teach me some things and here it is!"

"I hope the chief cook wasn't a sexy hot blonde." I say as I eat another toast.

He smiles softly at me, "Maine, you should know by now that I stick to my choices."

  I say noticing, "But nice things you said."

He chuckles, "She was a He. And the he was a tall man, who rather prefers doing healthy meals than junk food."

I nodd, "So, from this day on, I'm always going to get a breakfast in bed?" I ask him before taking a sip of the orange juice.

"Well not always, but when I have time then yes."

"When will you start working again? I mean, full-time?"

He shruggs, "Not any time soon. We have three months to make up for."

"Oh I'll be getting on your nerves after three days." I joke and he chuckles before he smiles.

"You have no idea how I felt each night I was sitting next to your slipping figure."  he says fondling my cheeks.

"The breakfast is delicious by the way. You must've been a good student." I say as I finish the breakfast.

"I'm a fast learner. Just like you."

"I've heard you, you know." I start explaining, "While I was in coma. I've heard all of you guys. I've heard Patricia,Lizzie,Amanda, Valerie.....You."

"Valerie? Valerie was there?"he asks me surprised, "She doesn't go to hospitals. She hates hospitals."

I shrugg, "She was there. I'm sure."