SOF: Chapter 50

"FEELS LIKE HOME"

A bright light shining on my eyes, wakes me up in the middle of the night. My eyes flutter open as I adjust to the bright light strike. The door of my room opens up a little more and I see Richard walking rolling a wheelchair with him.

"Richard?"  I ask him in a sleepy voice.

"Get up." he says in a whisper.

"What?Why?"  he says as I lift myself. Ouch, not so good with the pain in my chest.

"I'm getting you out of here." he says as he closes the door behind him. Then he switches on the lights. Way too bright for me.

"Wait? What?" I ask him confused as he reaches me.

"Get out of the bed and into the wheelchair." he says to me.

"But I...I'm in a nightgown, Richard."

He rolls his eyes, "Get dressed then."

I smile at him as he gets out clothes from a drawer. He hands them to me and I change into better clothes. "Those kind of nightgowns aren't really sexy." I defend myself as I get into some comfortable sweatpants from Victoria Secret.

He rolls his eyes, "Women."

I laugh a little as I put on a sweatshirt.

"You really think you don't look sexy in a nightgown?" He ask me as I finish changing.

"Oh I'm sure you'd look adorable in a nightgown, Mr. Faulkerson." I say as I get seated in the wheelchair.

He bends down behind me. "You looked breathtaking in that piece of clothing, Maine. No matter what you wear- or don't wear- you always look breathtaking." he whispers into my ear and I feel my cheeks blushing as he starts pushing the wheelchair. "We only have fifteen minutes to get out of the hospital."

"You bribed those nurse who love you, don't you?" I ask him in a whisper tone as we leave my room.

He nodds, "And I got two signatures which allow me to get you out of here tonight."

"Your Mother?"

"And the Director of the hospital." he says as we pass the nurse station. The nurses who got the night shift  today all blabber happily, that all their patients are alive and healthy. Then their eyes meet us and all the nurses look away as soon as they see us.

I laugh, "You're stealing a patient from the hospital, I hope you're aware of that, Mr. Faulkerson." I say as we reach the elevator.

He pushes the button and bends down, "There's nothing I wouldn't do for you, Maine." he says into my eyes.

Before I can respond, the elevator door open again and Richard push me in. "I wonder what Dr. Morgan will say when he notice that I'm gone...."

"I don't care about him."

"Is he your mother's boss?"

"Yeah. But not the Chief Surgeon.Whatever he says or signs, is final." 

"Where are you taking me?" I ask him as he pushes me through the lobby which is completely empty. There are no security t people-- Another Richard's plan, I assume.

"To the closes hotel, because in one thing I don't want to argue with Dr. Morgan and beside you need to rest...lots of rest."

I nodd, "What about my final check-up? Who will do that?"