SOF Chapter 19

The following chapters are something to look forward to..
Enjoy reading!!!

"Okay, I'm done." I say checking myself in the mirror. The white cocktail dress from Prada was just the right choice. Along with the black Louboutin shoes, I look appropriate for the event. My hair is up rather messy up-do. My diamond earrings are sparkling in the light of the sun which shines into the bedroom. I take one last breath before I walk out of the bedroom and into the living room.

He is sitting on the couch, watching the waves crashing against each other through the window.

"Come on, we have to get going." I say and his head turn around.

He smiles softly before he gets up, "You're not done yet."

"What? Should I change? It's the dress isn't it? I should have picked out another color! Or cut. It's the cut, isn't it? Way too sexy for such an event, isn't it? Or is it the earrings? Maybe I should-" his index finger stops me from continuing.

"What you need is a hat."

"A hat?" I ask him confused. Why would I need a hat? It's hot outside!

"Yes. Women wear hats to these events. That's the most important part of your outfit." He explains and turn me around. "Pick one." He says as I notice the collection of hats lying on the kitchen table.

I walk over to them and look at each hat very closely. " Do I have to pick one?!"

"Yes."

"But they are all ugly!" I protest.

He laughs softly before he gets up, "It's a dress code, Maine. Now, pick one. We don't want to be late."

I sigh as I pick up a black crinoline fascinator with feathers, "Fine.Let's go."

"It's ugly."

"It's not ugly. Not when you wear it, Maine." He says to me before he takes my hand and leads me out of the suite.

"I can't believe you talked me into wearing rhis stupid hat. I can't eveb see through this black crinoline!" I say as we both get out the limousine.

"They are all wearing such hats." He says, taking my heaf and walking with me over to the turf accountant. I notice that all eyes ate on him as we lowly walk through the swathed meadow. Then I notice that they are not only staring at him- they are staring at me as well, since all eyes seem to move to him, then to our laced fingers and up to me.

He was right. All women are wearing those stupid and ugly hats. Lots of them are even bigger than mine is. I have absolutely no idea how they can bare having so much weight on their heads! And some are even uglier than mine is. Which I didn't think was possible to be honest.

"I can't believe this is your world." I whisper to him as we pass a couple of tables.

"Why? Because there are only couples around?"

"No. Because all women are wearing thise ugly hats." I say as we reach a wooden door. A waiter stands in front of it and smiles as he sees us, "Mr. Faulkerson, how nice to have you here again." He says and helds the door open for us.

"Nice to be here again, Tony."

"The usual, sir?" He asks him.

Richard nodds before we walk into the cabin with enormous window, which offer the perfect view of the racetrack.