SOF: Chapter 45

"Father and Son"

"So, how have you been?" William ask me as we sit in the nearest Starbucks.

I smite at him. "Good. I mean, I've been better but.......You know."

"Yeah." he agrees with me and take a sip of his hot coffee, I'm still sad that you guys are no longer an item."

"It just didn't work out." I answered with a shrugg. I can't tell him that his son is a polyamorist and that his eight relationship at one time is not something I support. Not anymore.

"I know it's none of my business, but why did you guys break up?"

I sigh. "Richard has lots of walls you need to break down, Will. I really hope he lets you in, but it's a long time until you reach it."

"Have you been able to break down all his walls and reach his heart?"

I shake my head. "I didn't have the perseverance."

He nodds and takes my hand, "I'm actually looking for an apartment right now."

"Here in Manhattan?"

"Yes. My firm decided to move it's main station to New York."

"Well I'm sure Richard will be a big help for you. He surely has his contacts in the real estate branch."

He smiles at me and look at his watch, "I think we should slowly get going. Are you sure he's going to be there?"

I nodd, "Positive."

"Okay...." he says as we walk out the Starbucks.

"Are you nervous?"

" Me? Nervous? I haven't seen my son in 27 years and i'm not sure if he will kill me-Hell yes!I am nervous!"

I laugh as I catch us a cab, "He 'll love you, Will. You're his father."

"I still have y doubts." as we get into the cab.

==============================================================================

"Is he already here?" William asks as we walk down the streets in Manhattan.

I scan the area, seeing the beautiful Brooklyn Bridge surrounded by a bright blue sky. The river cafe is as always beyond full.

Then I notice a black limousine standing far away from the Restaurant.

"He's here." I say and feel my pulse is racing.

"Where?" William asks anxiously.

"I'll get him." I say and smile at William. "Wait here."

"Okay." he said.

I brush through my hair, trying to keep them away from my face as cold as the wind is blowing to my direction. I see the door opening and he steps out.

Richard was wearing a light grey jacket above his suite and a black scarf -  he still looks beyond sexy.

My broken heart still skips a beat when he looks at me. I still feel my pulse rising when he looks at me. Gosh, the effect is already there....

"Hi." I say as i reach him.

"Maine,"

I close my eyes. Maine, How I've missed him saying this. How much I've missed his voice. His beautiful voice which rings in my ears.

"You look way too skinny." he says as i open my eyes.

I did lose a couple of pounds the last week, but I remain silent. "Look, I know you're a busy man and especially today I shouldn't-"

"I'll always have time for you, Miss Mendoza." he interrupts me. "Maine, I-"

"I'm not here to talk about us, Richard."

His eyes look at me in confused, "Then why did you want to meet me?"

"To give you your birthday present." I say into his confused eyes. "You can come over now!" I yell to William.

"I don't understand....." he says to me still confused.

I turn around to see William walking over to us, "You will. You will Richard."

"Who's he?" he asks me and I can see jealousy  in his eyes.

I smile at Richard as William reaches us, "Richard, this is your father William. William this is your son, Richard. " I say as I introduce both men to each other.

Both Faulkersons stand across each other for at least ten seconds, both saying nothing. Both overwhelmed by shock. The shock of how much they actually look alike.

Then, after what seemed eternity, they hug each other. A long, much too late, hug.

" I made a reservation for you two at the River Cafe." I say smiling.

"Maine, I.....Thank you." William say to me, hugging me.

"No problem, Will." I whisper into his ear.

"Maybe you'll find your perseverance, again." he whispers before he lets me out of his embrace.

"There are still several hours left before your birthday -party and I thought you might want to spend it with your father." I say to Richard.

He just nodd, saying nothing. He's too overwhelmed. I can see it in his eyes. His eyes are surprised. Shocked. Amazed. Amazed by what I did. I can even see the shock and joy the way he walks arm in arm with his father over to the River cafe. An epic picture.

"Won't you join us?" William ask me, turning around the hallway.

I shake my head, "I'm only the deliver. It's up to you guys, to make something good out of it."

vote...comment...share...

thank you all guys for reading...

sorry kung pinasakit ko mga puso nyo this past few chapters..

and more to come...

hope you enjoy.. 3 updates in one day... This is my way of saying thank you

to all my readers. From the bottom of my heart love all guys..