SOF Chapter 36

"It's the last time I'm going to ask you that and I really would like to know the reason, but if you won't answer then I'm letting it go."

"Okay....." he says, sounding very worried and confused.

Conversation Part 2

"What's the reason for your Haphephobia?" i ask him slowly, really carefully.

He is in silence. His body tensed. He won't answer. I know it. I shouldn't have asked. He rises from the couch and walks over to the piano. I don't know what to do. I just sit on the couch, anxiously. He stares out of the french windows and combs with his long fingers through his dark messy hair. Is he considering telling me?

He takes a deep breath before he turns around, He walks back to me, his body is still tensed.

"Come on," he says, holding out his hand for me.

I take it and he helps me getting off the couch. Hand in hand we walk out of the living area. I feel the butterflies in my stomach going crazy. I try very hard to ignore them. It's nearly impossible.

"Where are we going?" i ask him as we walk through the glass corridor.

"To my office." he says and stops in front of the white double wing door.

He opens the door and we walk in. Once again, I get greeted by a breathtaking view of Manhattan at night. Then he opens up several cupboards, looking for something special.

"What are you looking for?" I ask him as I get seated on the couch. It's the first time I notice all these folders in the cabinets.

He continue opening it, "Got it." he says holding up a picture.

"Who's on the picture?" I ask him as he get seated next to me. 

Without a word, he hand me the picture. I recognize her right away.

His mother. Lily. she's beautiful. It's a close-up, showing her beautiful hair and same eyes as Richard.Her lips are full and pink. She's only wearing blush and mascara. She smiles into the camera like she is the sun in person. she is heart-shaped. She's breathtaking.

"You're mother." i say in one breath.

"Yes."

"You have her cheekbones." I say, my eyes still focused on the beauty. "And her nose." Now I know this man looks like a walking god. His mother was a goddess and his father....I'm sure he look like a good catch as well in his younger days. I mean, he still looks like a walking god at the age of.....Well, he looks like he's in the mid-fourties.

"That's a picture from her better days. Before she started using. The only picture I own of her." he starts explaining.

"That your mother was using Crack is only half of the story, Isn't it?" I ask him, having a bad feeling in my stomach, I feel like I've just hit the bulls eye. Something, I'm not sure If I want to know. But at the same time I need to know.

"Yes." he admits, running his skinny fingers through his hair.

"It's okay, you don't have to tell me......" I say in a soft voice. I would like to put my hand on his shoulder, but that would freak him out.