SOF: Chapter 76

Here is my last update for today before I sleep....

A peaceful and Kilig goodnight to you guys....

"You smell so much better without this aftershave." I remark as I place my head oh his chest.

He brushes through my hair as I stare into the fire in the open fireplace. "I can't believe it's nearly been a year since I met you."

He chuckles, "Yeah... That's exactly what I meant, Miss Mendoza."

"I remember this day like it was yesterday...." I say smiling.

"You looked so beautiful that evening. And helpless-yeah you were pretty helpless."

"What do you expect? You wear freaking intimidating and arrogant." I answer back. Plus, I wasn't prepared for the interviews. So not prepared.

"Was I?"

"Yes and money focused. But you knew exactly what effect you had on me. and you enjoyed it...You played with me."

He smiles at me. "I did indeed. I enjoyed having control of you-the only time I remark."

"I'm just untameable, Mr. Faulkerson." I sing and look into his eyes.

"Gosh, I'm so glad you signed the contract, Maine."

"Me too." I say and kiss him softly. "and our child."

"Which reminds me, have you told anything to your parents yet?"

I shake my head, "I'd like to wait until the 15th week at least. To make sure..."

He nodds, "Okay."

"You want this child, don't you?" I ask him slowly again.

He rolls with his eyes, "What do I have to do, to make you finally believe me? I want this child as much as I want you. Because it's part of you. I'll have two version of you." he smirks.

I shrugg, "I just wanted to know..."

He smiles before he lifts himself up.

"Where are you going?"

"I'll be right back."

I sigh as i let myself fall on the soft couch again. Gosh this man is such a mystery to me! I sigh as I turn around and look at the amazing skyline. Manhattan is just breathtaking- no matter what time it is or season. Will I ever get enough of Manhattan? Or the combination of Richard Faulkerson and Manhattan? Definitely not. How can anyone not love this combination?

"Maine," I hear his voice calling my name and I turn around.

He's holding the box. The Cartier box.

"Richard, no.." i breath out Oh no! I push the box into his hand as he is about to fall down on one knee. Please, don't! NO, no, no! "I don't ..... I mean don't.... I .....No.....Don't just ask me because I'm expecting your child, Richard."

He looks at me. He is shocked, angry and disappointed all at the same time. How can someone embody so many emotions and still look sexy? "You think I....I'm asking you because you're pregnant?"

I shrugg and feel the tears forming in my eyes. Why am I crying? "I...I don't want you to bound yourself to me, just because of the baby. I mean, I'm not after your money."

"Why are you saying that kind of things to me, Nicomaine?" he ask me, getting seated next to me. Is he now finally listening to me?

I shrugg again, letting the tears fall down my cheek. Stupid hormones. "I just...."

He wipe away the tears with his thumb. Then he nodds, "Okay."

I looked at him confused. Okay? Okay what?

"I won't ask you then." he says to me and I feel relieved. Although my conscience hates me for making him upset. It's no fun to see Richard Faulkerson upset, although he is still charming and sexy.

"But don't you....Don't you want to marry me?" he asks me slowly as I got myself under control again.

I stare back at him in shock. Does he think he's not worth marrying?! Oh no, that's so not what I meant! "No! I...I do. Of course I do."

"Then marry me. We will be a family soon anyways. And I want everyone to see that you are mine. That you both are mine." He smiles softly.

Oh it'll be hard to tell that this child is not his. It will look like an angel. Especially if it will have his smile. A million dollar smile.

"Plus, I'd like you to have financial safety." he adds in a whisper tone. Why is he whispering? Is he ashamed of his...Work?

"Financial Safety?" I ask him back surprised.

He shruggs, "If anything ever happens, I mean."

Fuck! He means his money! He wants to share his money with....Me?!

I am speechless. "I...Richard...." What am I suppose to do with so much money?!

He looks me in the eyes. "You promise me you'd never leave me again."

"I won't. What do I have to do to make you believe me?"

He holds up the box. "Wear this ring and marry me."

I sigh, "OKAY."

"Okay?"

"I will marry you Richard Christian Faulkerson-Grey. You and your fucked up shades."

"That's the answer I was hoping for." he says smiling as he slides the 14 carat diamond ring on my finger. "it fits perfectly."

"Of course it does." I say and roll my eyes. "But if you'd ask me two months from now, you'd be having trouble sliding that thing into my swollen finger then."

"Swollen?" he ask me confused.

"I will get fat fingers."

"Oh you won't." he says, placing his forehead against mine. "And even if you do, I will love you every single swollen finger."

I smile, "I love you."

"I love you too, future Mrs. Faulkerson."

vote comment guys...