SOF: CHAPTER 77

Christmas Party of AC Studios Part 1 

The Christmas Party of AC Studios is held at their office. On the left side of the huge room is a Christmas tree and typical Christmas songs. It looks amazing and welcome -warm and wonderful. The room is quite crowded with employers and employees- with producers, songwriters, assistants, interns, singers and bands.

Just like at every Christmas party, I can clearly see the groups- just like in high school. All the producers keep themselves. So do the songwriters. The assistant and interns on the other side have choose to combine themselves and start gossiping. I don't know if I am a topic on their list, or if they already talked to about me. But I can feel their glances on me.

I take one last breath before I decided to enter the room. Gosh, it feels like eternity when I was here last- okay maybe it only has been five months, but for me it's eternity.

A brunette with light green eyes is smiling at me. Her name is Hilary. She's one  of the. Songwriters. So technically we're in one group.

I smile at her before she hugs me, "How nice to see you again, Hil."

"It's been like forever since I last saw you." She says smiling. "How are you?"

"Good." Although her perfume is really close to the border of making me vomit. I took a deep breath in. No vomiting tonight.

She returns my smile, "When will I see you on daily basis again?"

I smile. How I wish I can start working tomorrow working again! "Probably by next year."

She hugs me again. "I miss you so much."

"Me, too. You have to tell me all the gossip."

"Oh, that's easy." I hear another voice behind me.

I turn around. Elise. I smile at the blonde wit the dark brown eyes.

"Elli." I say smiling before I hug her.

"Maine, I missed you so much!" She says grinning.

"So, the latest gossip?" I ask her smiling.

"You." they both answer in choir.

"What? Why's that?" I ask them confused. Have they already seen my ring? Gosh I hope not. I try to keep my hand down.

"Miss Mendoza?" I hear a man saying my name. Hilary and Elise's eyes widen immediately.

I turn around. It's a man about 30, maybe even 28 years old. He is wearing a dark  suit with a white oxford shirt beneath. He looks good. Young even. Who is he?! "Yes?"

"Eric Sanders." he introduce himself, holding his hand out. 

I shake it, "Nice to meet you." I say, still not knowing who he is.

"I've seen the video and I thought you should get a promotion."

Video?! Wait, did he just say promotion?! Fuck, this man is my new boss! "I...Video?!" I ask him confused.

He smiles softly at me. He has a nice smile. "You don't know?"

I was busy with keeping myself alive, so sorry, but no I did not have time to check my social media for Christ sake! "Uhmm...No."

he looks to my right, "Miss Franklin is going to inform you. See you next year, Miss Mendoza."

I nod, smile at him and brush through my hair as he slowly walks away from us.