SOF Chapter 83

Chapter 83

"Okay,now I am feeling kind of nervous..." I say as we walk down the thin, silver colored carpet. The party is held in Meredith's backyard. There are huge white tents, candles and chinese balloons. It looks amazing. Breathtaking. Meredith just topped herself. Who knew this was possible?

"There is not a single reason you have to be worried about." he ensures me in a soft whisper as we reach the big white tent.

"Is Patty and Sam already there?"

He shrugs, "We'll see." he says to me before we enter the tent.

All the guests are dressed glamorously. The women all wear floor-length gowns; all men suit. It's a glamorous event - all Meredith-Grey-like.

But I don't see her. I don't see anyone from the Grey family.

"Where's your family?" I ask him, confused.

He scans the area a lot faster than I ever could. And then his eyes stop. He smiles softly, "Over there." he says grabbing my hand. Wait, is he nervous now as well?

"Are you nervous?" I ask him in a whisper tone as we make our way through the guests. They all eyeball us. First him and then me.

Behind the huge crowd I finally can see the famous Grey-Faulkerson family. Valerie is wearing a dark green gown. Meredith herself is wearing a silver gown. Mark wears a black suit - just like Samuel.

"Richard, Maine..." Meredith breaths out with sparkling eyes as soon as they see us.

Patricia turned around. She's wearing a dark purple strapless gown, her skin is tanned from the sun. She looks amazing. "Maine!" she says hugging me right away.

"Patty..." I breathe out, grinning like a crazy one. "Gosh, you look amazing. Marriage suits you."

She grins back, "I know right? How are you?"

Okay, now I am feeling kind of nervous..." I say as we walk down the thin, silver colored carpet. The party is held in Meredith's backyard. There are huge white tents, candles and chinese balloons. It looks amazing. Breathtaking. Meredith just topped herself. Who knew this was possible?

"There is not a single reason you have to be worried about." he ensures me in a soft whisper as we reach the big white tent.

Oh if only you knew... How am I? She should ask about the child - he or she's the one who influences my mood. I smile at her, "Good. How was your honeymoon?"

"She won't tell. I already tried." Valerie says, holding up her hands. "It's useless to try to get out any information out of this woman."

Patricia grins at me, "I may be able to spill one detail or two... But only if you will tell me everything that happened while I was gone."

Oh if only she knew how much has happened.

"Actually, we have some news." Richard starts, placing his hand around my waist. It gives me chills right away. God, how can he have such a freaking effect on me? When I am already pregnant and engaged to this man! Will this ever change? I hope it doesn't, because it's my favorite feeling in the world.

I nodded and looked straight into his eyes. They shine back at me. The sparkle. He's happy.

"We're engaged." we say out of one mouth.

"Congratulations!" Valerie screams hugging me a little too tight.

"This is amazing news." Meredith says hugging me as well. "I was already waiting for you to finally ask her..." she said to Richard.