SOF: Chapter 39

MOVIE NIGHT

"So, what movie will we watch?" I ask Richard as we wait for the popcorn to pop in the microwave.

He shruggs, "Samuel choose. Some horror movie, I guess."

I nodd, "I like horror movies."

"I thought you'd like chick - flicks." he says grinning, as he leans against the kitchen counter.

I raise an eyebrow towards him, "What else do you think of me?"

He shruggs, "Don't know. But you're not a typical girly girl. Not like the other's that I've dated."

"Is that good or bad?"

He shruggs again, "I don't know yet. But it is........refreshing."

The microwave stops, showing us that the popcorn is done. "Would you ever consider living monogamic? I mean..... Completely monogamic?" I slowly ask him as I get out the popcorn.

"No...Never." he says in an icy cold voice.

I nodd as I put the hot salty popcorn into a bowl.

"Do you like salty popcorn or sweet?"

"Salty. I don't like sweetness."

"Patricia likes sweet popcorn."

"So does Samuel."

"A bowl with sweet popcorn it is......" I say as I put another paper bag with sweet popcorn into the microwave. then I feel his strong arms around my waist, embracing my petite body.

"Have you ever been in love?" I ask him slowly, feeling his muscular body behind me. Gosh, he's giving me these feelings again. He's making me feel like I'm on the doorstep to heaven.

"Once." he says to me. "You."

"More than ones." I saw as i look out of the french windows, seeing Manhattan in beautiful purples and pinks. "What's her name?"

"Alyson."

"Was she one of your......?" I don't even know how to call them. His girlfriends.

"She was my high school sweetheart."

"What happened?"

"She betrayed me."

I nodd, "She broke your heart."

"What about you?"

"His name was Alex. It was a summer romance. A short, but intense relationship. We were so in love. It was insane."

"Why did you separated?"

"There was no way we could be together. He moved to Australia to go to college there. I went to Yale. It was an easy decision. Easy but hurtful."

"Did you guys stay in contact?"

"In the first few weeks, yes. But then college took all of our time."

"What would you do if you'd see him again?"

I shrugg, "I don't know. But what I do know is that he has a fiance in Australia. He's going to get married in a few weeks."

"Did he invite you?"

"Gosh No! That would be so weird." I say and I laugh a little, "We had a good relationship, but I've moved on."