A Day of Deer Puns

Namara could hear Remus shifting nervously next to her, she leaned over and whispered, "Chill Remus, your not the one getting married. Let James be nervous."

 "Sirius went over his best man's speech with me yesterday," Remus said, "Are you aware he included no less than 11 deer related puns?"

 "Yep,  he read it to me as well. It's horrendous, and it's going be a speech to remember."

 Namara had to admit, Lily looked beautiful walking down the aisle, she and James looked so in love. After they said their vows Sirius stood up to speak.

 "Oh no, here it comes," Namara whispered.

 Sirius Black cleared his throat and began to speak,

"Deerly beloved, friends, and family, it behooves me to deliver this speech for two of the purest harts I know. A couple so fawned of each other, that it completely bucks the notion of superficial love. Doe they will surely go through many trials and tribulations in the years ahead- many high and low points- stag-nant periods, where their love seems to fallow." Sirius paused for dramatic effect.

 Namara could see Lily and James struggling not to laugh, and Remus was face-palming next to her.

  "I know as someone who knows them best that they will not allow themselves to fall into a rut," Sirius went on. "When it's all over and people are sitting around tells tails of these two, they'll be telling each other the purest love story anyone has ever herd." Sirius finished with a bow, and Namara heard Remus snort loudly. 

 Then the gathering erupted into tremendous applause, on the Marauders, Namara, and Lily recognizing Sirius's many deer jokes.