------------------

Astoria had arrived late to the dining hall on the first night of the new school year, which was of course humiliating. So Astoria slunk in, trying to stay in the shadows, brushing her black hair over one side of her face, concealing her black eye. Her father had had a bit to much to drink before she'd left for Hogwarts.

 Out of the corner of her eye, Astoria saw Hermione frantically motioning for her. She stopped at the table, "What?"

"Have you seen Harry?"

"No, sorry Hermione."

"Thanks Anyway Astor- Oh god what happened to your eye?"

"Nothing, I'm fine."

 Astoria turned and hurried to the Slytherin table, quickly picking out Draco by his white blonde hair. A tall Slytherin 3rd year boy was sitting in her usual seat, which was to Draco's right. Draco turned around, and noticed that Astoria was standing behind him. 

 Draco turned to the 3rd year next to him and said pointedly, "You're in her seat."

"What?" The boy spluttered.

"I said, you are in her seat. Move."

 The boy jumped up and went to find a seat somewhere else. Astoria sat down next to Draco, making sure her hair was hanging over the left side of her face. "Hello Draco. How was break?"

"Better than yours by the looks of it," Draco said, lifting a piece of Astoria's hair away from her face.

"I'm fine. Hey, Have you seen Potter?" Astoria knew she needed to phrase this question carefully, "Think the chosen one ditched?"

 Draco glanced down at the table quickly and didn't meet Astoria's eyes, "Wouldn't matter if he did ditch, the Chosen One would get off easy," he huffed.

"Mmm, yes, your probably right. He'll probably waltz in here with a flock full of unicorns that he rescued from an acromantula," Astoria said, grabbing a small bowl full of strawberries and selecting one. 

"Perfect Potter," Draco muttered, stabbing his food violently with his fork.

 Astoria smiled to herself, glad to be back home.