-------------------

Astoria and Draco were walking together by the the Lake. It was an absolutely beautiful day, with a light breeze that blew Astoria's black hair away from her face. They'd been given the day off, and had decided to walk down to the Lake together.

  The wind sent ripples through the lake, creating a beautiful pattern dancing along it's surface. On a day like this, it was easy to forget all of the problems that had been plaguing Astoria. Her father's death, though Astoria's father had been awful and abusive, she was still saddened by his passing. Astoria could also tell that Draco was keeping something from her, something big and it was weighing down on him. He was quieter, sadder, and he disappeared from the Syltherin Dorms for hours at night. Astoria hadn't been feeling well recently either, she'd been coughing and having trouble breathing.

  But she wanted to forget all of that, for today. Just enjoy a nice stroll on the grounds with Draco. 

  "Ugh, look at him, like he's the bloody queen," Draco sneered. Astoria followed his gaze across the lake, to where Harry was standing surrounded by a group of Gryffindors. 

"Just this once Draco, please just ignore him, just this once. Let's not antagonize Potter, just enjoy the day," Astoria said. 

 "Of course, I'm sorry 'Toria."

"It's alright, I just-" Astoria broke off, a wracking cough shaking her entire body. Her lungs  hurt, like there were bruised.

  "Astoria, are you alright?" Draco asked, concern lining his face.

 "I'm fine," Astoria said, before another fit of coughing. She started to fall forward, Draco caught her arm and helped lower to the ground.

"Do you want to go to the hospital wing?"

 "No. I'm fine," Astoria wheezed. "Let's just sit and enjoy the view."

"Alright," Draco sat down on the grass next to Astoria, putting an arm around her shoulder.