Chapter One - Breaking The Ice

Nobody's POV

It was a scorching day in Nevada, United States. The sun was laughing, and casting their gaze onto the dry, arid, desert. The desert seemed to be lifeless, but deep within the unforgiving heart was a city. This city wasn't any ordinary city, and if certainly wasn't lifeless. Death city.
Planes came in and out, relentlessly, never ending. Culture bustled and people rushed from place to place. They all accepted the magic, and the secrets that were rumored to be held within the school located at the center of the city.
One plane landed, holding a special girl. She wasn't born normal. She was different from the tourists. This girl had an object within her soul that enabled her to change her shape, and to aid in fighting. She was a weapon.

(YN)'s POV

This city is so glorious. Every country is reflected in one street. The signs are in all different languages... but, I see a mask on almost every door, and every window... what have I gotten myself into? I asked myself, as I ventured down Main Street, towards the Death Weapon Meister Academy (DWMA for short). I couldn't help but to listen as everybody around me was speaking a different language, and there were so many faces and ethnicities that it was overwhelming.
My skin was burning under the heat of the sun. Goddamnit, I forgot sunscreen. Guess I'll just die. I suffered in silence and dragged my luggage down the street. The street led to an opening, and I glanced upwards.
What seemed to be the staircase to heaven showed itself before me. There was a thousand steps, or more. I couldn't see the grand school from the bottom of the steps. Wow, this looks like the staircase to heaven, but, it's gonna feel like I'm descending into Hell with all of the HEAT. Sweat was dripping down my face relentlessly, I was soaked. It looked like I had just taken a shower, and I had to walk up 100 flights of stairs, still.
Well, I guess I'll just have to go for it, then!

Nobody's POV

(YN) ran up the DWMA stairs, she ignored the fatigue and the aches in her muscles that were screaming, begging for her to stop and take a break. However, she couldn't. (Y/N) wasn't going to let a little pain get to her. After all, she was attending the DWMA. She needed to show off.
It was her first day there. There was a burning desire to prove to her superiors and classmates that she wasn't weak, but she didn't want to show off as so many other kids did. She didn't know what to expect.
         At the top of the stairs, (Y/N) was so wet from sweat and her skin was hot to the touch. She fell, landing on her knees. She glanced up at the school, in all of its symmetrical perfection. (Y/N) hauled her bag into the school and followed the signs which helped to direct the new blood.
Since she was new student, fresh from the comfort of her home, she automatically placed into the NOT class. However, before she could begin her first day. Her, and a few other new weapons and meisters met inside a room and collected pins. (Y/N) wore a pin that said Weapon.
A blue man was at the front of the room. About 7 students, including (Y/N), were scattered around the room. 4 weapons, and 3 meisters. None of them appeared like they knew what they were doing, or what was going to happen. Nothing can be expected in this city, the future is always a mystery.
       The man's voice boomed, in was deep and sturdy. "My name is Sid. I am a professor at this here academy. You are my students. I assume you all have heard about this school, yes? Well, it's not an ordinary school. Some of you are meisters, you'll wield weapons. Some of you are weapons, you have a weapon lodged deep into your soul, you will need to learn how to control this ability. But, don't worry, by the end of your time here, you should be fine. All of you," he ended his speech and paused.
        The door creaked open, and slammed shut. Two students, brimming with confidence walked into the door. "Hello," said the girl with dog-like pigtails, "my name is Maka. I am a meister from the EAT class, and this is my weapon, Soul," she pointed to the boy with white, spiked hair who was squatting next to her.
          Sid spoke once more. As he was speaking, Soul erupted into a light blue light and became a scythe. "This is a high-performing team from the EAT class. EAT stands for Especially Advanced Talent. Not many students reach this level. However, there are students who do. You all, however, are part of the NOT class... which stands for Normally Overcome Target. You should train, and aspire to become part of the EAT class, like Maka and Soul here."
         Maka and Soul, standing before the room of newcomers were not shy to show us their abilities. Maka was able to slice through the air, while using Soul, with no trouble at all. What looked to be a heavy weapon was nothing more than a light feather.
          They sliced through the air together, in perfect in harmony. Maka and Soul demonstrated to the elegant nature that a weapon and meister pair should have.

(YN)'s POV  (TIME SKIP - TOMORROW)

          I was so fascinated by the sight of them fighting together, yesterday. While walking back up the DWMA stairs I spotted her at the top of the staircase, next to a few other NOT students, I'm guessing.
       One of the other students glanced towards me, "Hey," she waved. "I'm Tsugumi. Are you new? You must be!" Tsugumi said. Her purple eyes glistened.
        "Welcome to the DMWA! Was yesterday's orientation pleasing?" Maka asked. I almost forgot about it. Professor Sid standing at the top of the room, telling us a little about how we should pick reliable partners.
          "Yeah. To be honest, I was kind of scared when he mentioned witches and Kishins..." Yn said. "Both of them sound awful. If that's what I face in the EAT class then I will stay a NOT."
          "Don't be like that!" Tsugumi said. "I killed a witch and I'm in the NOT class. I can't qualify as an EAT because I haven't passed the test... But that doesn't matter!"
          "Have courage," Maka said. "Also, have you read this book?" Maka pulled out a book. "Here, take it!" Maka gave Yn the book.
          "Really? Thanks!" Yn said. "I have a question... How do I get courage?" Maka looked shocked, she smiled through it.
          "It's inside everyone," she said. She was serious, at the same time there was a hint of a childlike tone. "You have to get it yourself. You already have it, just find it."
         Tsugumi grabbed Yn's arm and pulled her into the school. Yn ran with her. Maka followed. Tsugumi stopped when they were in the school.
       "I have class with you," Tsugumi said smiling and Yn. "Let's go, bye Maka!" Tsugumi waved to Maka and hauled Yn to class.

      This chapter was boring. Cheers to all who survived! Also, this chapter has been edited! It is not the original, however the original is scattered throughout the chapter. I just made it better and added 1000 words! Originally, it was 400.