Chapter 36

~~~~~
Trying to get better at drawing... I suck... Probably going to post a photo of it tomorrow, also... I dunno what to pick DantexReader or AaronxReader. Aaron is my favorite character but DantexReader is probably rare to find so why not give some Dante lovers a book?... I dunno... Dante you- onto the story now!
~~~~~

Aphmau's POV~

I saw Katelyn exit the house with a purple glowing fire in her hand, she came up to us and asked, "Can I have his mask?"

"Um, sure..." I took off the mask and gave it to her.

She looked at the glowing flame and then the mask, she took a deep breath then closed her eyes putting the flame and the mask together! The mask was engulfed in the flame!

"NO!" I screamed loudly as tears rolled down my face, Garroth pulled me into a tight hug and rubbed my back as I sobbed. Why was she doing this to me? Burning the only thing I had that was close to him...

~~~~
Aaron's POV~

I hated to see her cry like that but once the mask hit the flame I suddenly felt weak and fell to the floor, I could no longer move then my vision became blurry... What's going on...? I thought I was dead? How could this happen to someone like me? I thought as everything faded to black.

~~~~
Katelyn's POV~

I heard Aphmau's cry as soon as I put the mask and soul together, I felt horrible but I slowly felt light on my feet then everything was light... I opened my eyes and no one was there, no color just a bright room, I held the soul in my hand then thought about Aaron... The whole reason I came was to save his life and Aphmau's sanity.

"Hello youth." A women's voice said.

"H-Hello?" I spoke nervously.

"I see you desire someone to be alive again whom has recently passed on to heaven... Aaron was it? Aaron Falcon?" The women's voice asked.

"Y-Yes... We m-miss him.... He-" I was cut short by her.

"No need to stutter my dear, you are in safe hands and yes I remember Aaron, black hair, tan skin, green eyes? And a red jacket." She spoke.

"Yes that's him..."

"Now why should he return to the over world?"

"He's deeply missed, his time isn't up... If he tries he can change the world for the better! He saved someone else but he has a chance to save more... Don't make the sacrifice worth nothing..."

"Michi? Ah, yes her... She's in hell.. She plotted murder against your friend, stole some cash, killed someone and all got away with it until now but... I can't trade a positive for a negative..."

"W-What?!"

"What are you saying Lady Irene?" A male voice spoke as he walked from light.

"It's either your soul... Or hers..." Irene spoke.

"Katelyn, you can't die for me! You don't deserve this!" Aaron cried.

"Neither do you or Aphmau but we all have choices to make and I'm sorry but you have no say in this. I choose to give up my life for Aaron Falcon." I breathed out.

"Very well then..." The voice said as everything went bright.

I woke up laying on the ground,  Garroth and Aphmau were by my side, "What happened?" I asked.

"We really don't know but what ha-" He was cut off as light started spinning in a circle that slowly formed into a human, a man walking towards Aphmau.

"Aphmau... I'm here..." Aaron smiled.

Tears ran down her face as she ran into his arms holding him close, I smiled to myself but then something didn't feel right as I turned around I saw a shadowy figure charging towards me... "This is it." Was my finale thought as a knife penetrated my heart killing me instantly.

"KATELYN!" Was the finale words I heard from Garroth as I fell back watching the night sky for the last time... I smiled knowing I saved a friend and hoped for them to have a lovely family.