Obi Wan ' s grief

I clutched her small hand as long that I could before Master Yoda' s words broke my trance.

" Let her go ,Master Kenobi !" I did exactly as he told me to do .

Tears formed in my eyes as I turned to the small green creature .

" She is at peace ,Obi Wan . " He added as I prayed that her body would heal and I could see my brown eyed girl in the near future .

Feeling my feet as I began to walk away from him and the rest of the people that Anakina adored and loved.

I made it half way down the medbay's hall before my feet buckled beneath me .

I felt the hard cold marble beneath my knees , and then to the palms of my hands . Trying to gather my breath between my tears . The pain was no where the way I had imagined it at all .

Suddenly I knew why Anakin had turned to the dark side . So he could try and to save Padme .

Somehow , I had made it to Anna's room . The bed was properly made , the blood on the floor was gone .

Looking around, as I saw the box that I had given her .

I walked over to it so I could pick it up with my hands . Tears formed in my eyes as I sat on the edge of her bed . Opening it up to see her two small necklaces that Anakin and I had given for her birthday .

I crawled in the bed as exhaustion hit me hard ; I knew that I needed sleep from the agonizing day that I had to say goodbye to Anna.

Looking up , all I could see was hills of sandbars. No form of life was anywhere but only the agonizing sun.

" Well , not much of a place is it !" A famailar voice said as I turned around to see seventeen year old Anna smiling at me .

She was wearing her white pantsuit she wore the first time that we had met .

" Anna !" Her name barely came out as I ran up to her and wrapped my arms around her .

But the odd sensation was , that I could not feel her touch or smell the scent of her hair .

Knowing this was a dream but seeing her was worth it all .

Time passes . Even when it seems impossible. Even when each person , including the boy who grew to resemble her more at the age of sixteen moved on .

Dreaming of Anna every night made the pain more bearable .

" Obi Wan , Master Yoda requests to see you immediately! " A young padawan girl with red hair said as I suddenly recognize her as Tataina.

" Thank you Tataina , I will see him as soon as I can ." I replied as I grabbed my light saber from the library's table and headed toward the council's room .

Mace Windu past me as I started to sense something was off with him , " Master Windu , what is wrong ?" I asked him as I grabbed his elbow .

" I cannot tell you Master Kenobi but be prepared for whatever may happened ." Mace answered as I bowed to him and headed into the room .

Silence clung to the air as all I saw was Master Yoda in meditation as I took a chair beside her .

" Pain and suffering leads toward the dark side ,Obi Wan . "

Confused at his words , I looked over to the huge window where speeders and ships went on with their lives .

" Master Yoda , what is it that you are trying to say ?" I asked as I prayed it had nothing to with Anakina .

" Yes , she has slipped away in the night . One with the force ,Anna is now ."

His words seemed sensless as anger and pain hit me hard .

" When ?" Was all that I could ask .

" Two nights ago ." Master Yoda answered as I could see the pain in his eyes .

" I need to inform Anakin about Anna ! May the force be with you ,Master !" Was all that I could say as I knew that my Anna was not dead .

I would have sensed it if she had died in the night . But Master Yoda always spoke of the truth and I knew that I was in denial .

A week later , everyone gathered for my sweet Anna's burning . I clutched to the necklace that I had given Anna for her birthday . I barely could feel anything as my eyes wandered to Anakin . His eyes seemed as much of grief as mine were .

Taking a breath , as the thought of her still being alive clung to me .

" It is not only you ,Master . That thinks that Anna is still alive !" Anakin whispered as I knew he was becoming stronger with the force the more years passed . Knowing that as the chosen one , Anakin held the balance in his hand . And it was up to be to complete Anna's mission on keeping him from turning to the dark side .