Chapter 3

~ Nimmi Khanna ~

I skipped down the steps, almost bumping into our helper, Sarita Ji.

"Sorry Sarita ji. Where are my parents?" I asked.

"Sir and Madam are in the kitchen." She said.

"Okay, thank you!" I said and walked to the kitchen.

"Good morning Papa! Good morning Mama!" I said.

"Good morning lovely." My mother replied.

"Good morning! Someone's having a really good morning." My father said and we shared a laugh.

"Oh yes! I forgot! Juhi, I will be out for a important meeting with Sameer. It'll take one day or so just to go there, do the meeting and come back." He said.

"What's the meeting about?" Mama asked as she poured herself a cup of tea.

"Do you remember the project I was planning to do at Lahore?" Papa asked.

"Oh yes, I do." Mama replied.

"It's finally happening! I'm so excited. Finally, my dreams are coming true." Papa said.

"Oh my geez!! Papa, I'm so happy for you!" I said.

"Congratulations!" Mama said.

"Thank you! I must be off now. The earlier I go, earlier I will be back." Papa said walking over to the sink to wash his hands.

"Bye darling!" Papa said giving a kiss on Mama cheeks. I smiled to myself.

They are too sweet that they can get me my serving of diabetes at this age.

"Bye!" I said.

"Bye my love and please be good!" Papa said giving a kiss on my forehead.

"Yeah I know." I said.

Breakfast was quiet when suddenly I spoke up.

"Mama. Do you have plans for today?" I asked.

"No dear. It'll be bored without your Papa around. I'm thinking of a plan too." Mama replied.

"Let's go shopping at the new shopping centre recently opened?" I suggested.

"Great idea! We'll go after breakfast." Mama said.

"Okay!" I said as I brought my plate to the sink.

~ Juhi's POV ~

"Sarita?" I called the helper.

Sarita Ji came over.

"If sir comes back earlier, tell him that Nimmi and I are out." I said.

"Ok ma'am." Sarita Ji said and continued doing her chores.

I head upstairs to change my clothes.

"Let's go?" I asked Nimmi, as I walked down the steps.

"Yeah! All set!" She replied carrying her handbag.

"Sarita. We'll make a move first. Remember what I said." I said and she nodded.

We both left for the shopping mall.