Chapter 35

~ Anand's POV ~

I came out of the dressing room and saw Nimmi still asleep. I woke her up 5 minutes ago and she still haven't woke up.

I frowned in confusion and went over to Nimmi's side.

"Nimmi, wake up." I said, rubbing her forehead.

It was so warm that I realised having a fever.

She stirred.

"Mrs Gupta, are you okay?" I asked.

"I'm feeling very dizzy and feverish." Nimmi said.

"Okay, try sitting up first." I said, helping Nimmi up.

"Better?" I asked.

Nimmi frowned, clutched her stomach and covered her mouth. She ran over to the bathroom and threw up.

After washing up, I went over.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"I'm just feeling a little nauseous. I'll just prepare breakfast for you and I'll go freshen up. Today is my colleagues new work day at your office right?" Nimmi asked.

"Yes, but it's ok. I can manage. You just stay home and rest. I'll take half day off work and bring you to the doctor." Anand said.

"But–" I said but was cut off.

"No ifs. No buts. This is final." Anand said.

"But let me do up breakfast for you?" I asked.

"No Mrs Gupta. I'll have breakfast at my office. You rest." Anand said and I nodded.

Anand took his bag and left as I settled in bed. Anand went back and draw the curtains back.

"Thanks!" She said as I pulled the covers over her.

"Make sure you rest okay? I'll come in the afternoon and pick you up." Anand said and I nodded. Anand planted a kiss on my forehead.

"Bye." I said as he left the room and Anand waved back.

Half an hour later, after Anand left for work, I thought I wanted to freshen up and sleep as I had another 7 hours till Anand arrive to pick me up. So I sat up, got my clothes ready and went for a bath.

But not before I vomited again.