Chapter 53

~ Diana's POV ~

Day after day, I drove up to Nimmi's and Anand's house to spy on them. I watched every of their movements. The only person who knew about my movements was my private secretary, Shanaya. I had no choice but to tell her.

~ Shanaya's POV ~

All she knew was she told me about her plans but she doesn't know mine.

It was a Saturday so Anand was at home. I knocked on the door and Nimmi opened it.

"Yes?" Nimmi asked, nicely.

"I'm Shanaya and I'm Miss Diana's secretary." I started off.

"Oh." Nimmi said.

"No! I'm not here because she asked me to. She doesn't even know I'm here." I said.

"Then? Why are you here?" Nimmi asked calmly.

"It's about her next plan. No one else knows except me. Obviously, she had no choice but to tell me." I said.

"Oh ok. Come in." Nimmi said and I gave a smile.

That was when I first saw Anand.

"Pure handsomeness." I thought to myself.

~ Nimmi's POV ~

"Have a sit. I'll be in the kitchen for a while." I motioned to the chair.

"Who's this Mrs Gupta?" Anand whispered, following me.

"Diana's secretary. But she said she's here not because Diana asked her to, she has something to tell us. About Diana's plan." I said, reaching for the glasses and made some simple fruit syrup.

I brought the tray of drinks to the table.

"Where's Anand?" Shanaya asked.

"He's using the bathroom. He'll join us shirtly." I said and Shanaya slowly nodded.

"Have a drink first." I said and Shanaya nodded, taking the cup.

Anand came out and settled down beside me.

"So Shanaya, tell us." Anand said.

"Diana knows where you stay." I started off.

"What? How?" Anand asked.

I placed my hand on his shoulder, signalling him to calm down.

"She asked for help from Sunil. She said you should know him Nimmi. He's your best friend." Shanaya said and it struck me hard.

"More like a best traitor now." Anand said.

Tears started to form in my eyes.

Shanaya continued on the story and ended it leaving Anand an I in shock.

"So, when he came over he was actually spying on us?" I asked.

"Calm down." Anand said.

"I'm fine." I said.

"I'm so sorry, I know I shouldn't have came here and made you upset." Shanaya apologised.

"No, it's fine Shanaya. And thank you for telling us." Anand said.

"I better get going before—" Shanaya said but was interrupted.

"Before what?" We turned to the door.

Diana.

"Shanaya, Shanaya, Shanaya. We'll settle this in my office. Get in the car." Diana said, started for the door.

Shanaya looked from her to me and Anand and back to Diana.

"Now!" She shouted and made her jump.

She waved a quick goodbye and scurried to the car.