Chapter 15

~ Nimmi's POV ~

"Mama, we're home!" I said as we entered the house.

"You fill in Mama about what happened. I'll just go and freshen up." I told Anand and he nodded.

I went up to my room and slumped onto the bed before washing up.

~ Anand's POV ~

Mrs Khanna emerged from the kitchen.

"Where's Nimmi? I thought I heard her voice just now." Mrs Khanna asked.

"She's gone upstairs to freshen up." I said.

"How did the both of you come back together?" Mrs Khanna asked sitting in the couch opposite me.

"I went to get some usual morning coffee at the shopping mall and I saw her there with her friend. But her friend needed to go home as she had a family emergency so we went home together." I said.

"Oh okay, go and freshen up then, lunch will be served soon." Mrs Khanna said.

"Oh! What will be served?" I asked excitedly.

"Biryani with mutton and chicken." Mrs Khanna said with a chuckle.

"That sounds delicious! Okay, I'll go freshen up and come." I said and ran up the stairs.

I ran past my parents as I rushed to my room to freshen up.

~ Anisha's POV ~

"Anand, don't rush!" Sameer said.

"What's with that boy?" I asked.

"He's just excited about eating biryani." Juhi said and we laughed.

"I'll get you drinks." Juhi said.

"No, it's okay. Please sit down with us." I said.

"I really miss talking to Danny." Sameer said.

"We all do. You don't know how he used to cover up Nimmi's mistakes. He spoiled the child." Juhi joked.

"Oh! He's exactly like Sameer. You know how he spoiled Anand?" I asked.

"How?" Juhi asked.

"He gives him chances! For every mistake he does. But he's done his due, Sameer suffered when Anand reached his teens. I tell you, his nonsense is unbearable!" I said.

"God! Nimmi was also the same. If she wants what she wants, she must get it. Children these days." Juhi said.

~ Nimmi's POV ~

"I guess their talking about us." Anand said.

"Yeap. But I'm shocked that you gave your father a really hard time, I wonder you'll give me a hard time after the wedding?" I asked.

"Of course I will." Anand replied.

"We'll see about that." I said, sticking out my tongue and went to my bedroom.