Chapter 11

~ Nimmi's POV ~

We all waited for Prince Anand to come back from the bathroom.

"Uh, Why are all of you so quiet?" Anand asked as he came out if the kitchen.

"We were waiting for you to come back son. Have a drink first." Mama replied.

Anand took a sip of the tea.

"The tea tastes great, thank you Nimmi." Anand complimented.

"Thank you." I said.

"Our reason for coming here is the request of the late Danny Khanna wanting our families to be related. That means the marriage of our two children. We would like to ask Nimmi's hand in marriage and we brought a ring that will be used for the engagement. Will you accept our proposal?" Mrs Anisha proposed.

"I'm okay with it. But, we will have to hear it from Nimmi herself because she will be the one getting married." Mama said.

"Of course! We will leave the both of you to talk." Mrs Anisha said.

Mama and I nodded and went to the kitchen to talk.

"Nimmi, this is a good proposal. Anand is rich, humble, has a house of his own. He can give you anything you want." Mama said.

"But Mama, I'm not ready to be someone's wife." I said.

"I know. I was like that when I got married to your father. But soon after the wedding we found love for each other. It will come slowly honey. It will happen. Don't you remember your father's last words?" Mama asked.

"Yes Mama, I remember. But I'm just not ready." I said.

"I'm sure you will be fine, a Mother knows her daughter." Mamma said.

Mama and I returned to the living room and Anand's family sat upright when they saw us.

"So?" Mr Sameer asked.

I gave a nod and smiled.

"Wait! Before we celebrate, we need to set the date for the engagement." Mrs Anisha said.

"Yes! When do you think will be the right time to do it?" Mama asked.

"We're thinking of next week. Saturday?" Mr Sameer asked.

"It should be fine at least we have time for the preparations." Mama said.

"Anand and Nimmi? Are you okay with the date?" Mrs Anisha asked.

"Yeah, it's okay for me. I'll take the week off work." Anand said.

"Yes, I'm okay with the date." I said.

"Well then, it's settled!" Mrs Anisha said and they all cheered.

Yet, I can't believe that I'm getting engaged and married soon.