Chapter 29

~ Nimmi's POV ~

Anand and I walked to the conference room and saw Mr Sameer standing there.

"Hi Dad!" Anand said as they approached.

"Hi Pa." I said in a soft tone.

"Nimmi, keep your head high. I believe in you and the company. We can do this!" Mr Sameer gave a word of encouragement to me.

"Thanks Pa." I said.

We entered the room and the heads stood up.

"Please have a seat,  this is Mr Sameer Gupta, the boss of Gupta Holdings and the landlord of his building and this is Mr Anand Gupta, Mr Sameer's son. He is the boss of Gupta Junior's Industries. They are our official partners." I said.

"Nice to see you all. I'm Jargit Dayal, The Late Mr Gunjan Dayal's son. I'm taking over his place after his death." Jargit said, looking straight at me and Anand.

~ Anand's POV ~

Flashbacks went through my head.

"Isn't he my best friend from University?" I thought in my head.

"Nice to meet you Mr Dayal. Can we start this meeting now?" Nimmi asked kindly and Jargit nodded.

"Mr Danny Khanna was a respectable man indeed. My father and him were very close friends in business, he helped my dad and my dad did the same. But somehow, some ties have to be cut off." Jargit said standing up and buttoning his suit.

"What do you mean?" Nimmi asked.

"It means that, we have to end our partnership. And by doing that, it means that you have to shut your company." Jargit said.

"But why? I've been paying the rents on time and complied to the rules that has been set up." Nimmi said.

I gave Nimmi's hand a tight squeeze of support.

"Yes Nimmi, that's true! You make a very good partner and I have to say, I'm impressed by the way you handle things, even better than your father." Jargit said, leaning against the table with two hands.

"So? What's the problem?" Nimmi asked.

"Your company has been here for more than 10 years. That makes your company old. And, an old company like yours, doesn't give my building any attention and wealth. My building is being laughed at. The building recently got renovated and has a modern touch and when the buyers see who their neighbours are? They walk away! Because they want famous, modern companies who can lend a helping hand to them when they are in need. But sadly, yours is one of the few companies that caused the rejections. So that's why, you have to shut your company so that my building won't rot." Jargit said.

"Typical businessman ego." I thought to myself.

"Isn't there any other alternatives?" Nimmi asked.

"I'm afraid not, Miss Nimmi." Jargit said.

"I certainly do not agree to what you are doing Mr Dayal." Papa said.

"And why is that, Mr Gupta?" Jargit asked.

"Khanna Holdings is one of the most respectable and reputable company and they have been a loyal partner to you. They don't deserve this." Papa said.

"And what can a old man like you do?" Jargit said.

I couldn't take it any longer.

"How dare you talk to my father like that?! How dare you make Nimmi, who is a good boss, a good friend and a good wife suffer?! You may be my best friend Jargit, but you must know your limits!" I shouted, standing up.

"So, you do remember me?" Jargit said.

I smirked.

"And did you say a good wife? Who are you married to?" Derek asked looking at Nimmi.

"She is my wife." I said and Jargit looked at me in shock.

"Wow! How? Business?" Jargit asked.

"No. Love." Anand said and I saw Nimmi blush.

"The company has to close down." Jargit said through gritted teeth.

"My company cannot close down! How about my workers? Where are they going to find a new job?" Nimmi asked.

"That's their business. Not mine." He said and everybody kept quiet, leaving Nimmi shocked.

"We already have a buyer who has settled all payments and he requires you to clear everything in one month." Jargit said.

"You can't do this." Nimmi said.

"Well, I can." He took out a paper and pen and passed it to Nimmi. She had to sign it. She signed it and passed the paper to Jargit.

"Meeting is over!" He said and everyone left, including Jargit. A tear fell from Nimmi's cheeks.

"I've failed my father?" She asked.

"No. He'll be proud of you! You fought well. But luck isn't in our hands. But maybe, this means that something better is coming your way!" Papa said.

"Really?" Nimmi asked.

"Yes. And I know, you'll do even better in the future!" I said.

"Thank you Anand and Papa, for backing me. I don't know how to repay your kindness." Nimmi said.

"Nimmi, you are like my own daughter. I will help you in any way I can. Right Anand?" Papa asked.

"I will be with you in every step of the way." I said.

"Papa, Anand, can you help me?" Nimmi asked.

"Tell." I asked.

"Can you help me gather all the workers? I need to announce this news." Nimmi asked and they nodded.

Nimmi left.

"They can't do this!" Papa said.

"I know my Nimmi. She'll get over this. I can offer her a job at my place." I said.

"Yes and we can share some spots in our offices for these workers so that they don't lose their jobs?" Papa asked.

"That's a great idea Dad!" I said and we laughed.

"Sorry, excuse me." A voice said behind them.

We turned to see Tina.

"Hi Tina! This is my Dad, Mr Sameer Gupta. Dad, this is Tina, Nimmi's best friend." I introduced.

"Hi uncle!" Tina said cheerfully.

"Hello." Papa said.

"Is Nimmi inside?" Tina asked.

"Yes and I guess she needs you." I said.

"Why? What happened?" Tina asked.

"You know the office's landlord's son?" Papa asked.

"Yes. Mr Dayal. Why?" Tina asked.

"He's shutting down the company for a better company to take over. They just left and Nimmi wants to hold a emergency meeting inside. She's in bad shape." Papa said.

"Ok, I'll go in and see her." Tina said and entered the room.