Chapter 32

~ Nimmi's POV ~

"Dad, can you and Mum meet us at our house? Because Nimmi's mother asked us to sleep over." Anand asked.

"Yeah sure. I'll meet you at 5." Mr Sameer said.

"Okay Dad and thank you for helping out." Anand said.

"Yes. Thank you for helping out, even though it didn't work." I said.

"It's okay. I just need you to know one thing, your dad will be proud of you. That's for sure. Chins up! You have a brighter future for yourself. Remember, everything happens for a reason. Okay?" Mr Sameer gave words of encouragement to me.

"Thanks Pa. See you later!" I said and they parted ways. We walked into Jargit.

"Hello my man. Long time no see! It's been what? Since Uni? That's a long time man!" Derek said pulling into a hug.

But Anand rejected it.

"Oh! Being arrogant huh? Why don't you introduce me your wife?" Jargit asked.

Anand pulled me behind him.

"Oh! Don't even want to show your best friend who your wife is? What sort of a best friend are you?" Jargit scowled.

"A husband who cares more for his wife than a low-life best friend who likes to disrupt people's business." Anand said.

"What is this bro? We were supposed to be business partners. We dreamt of it in Uni right? Where has it all gone into?" Jargit asked.

"In the drains." Anand replied.

"You are abandoning our dreams?" Jargit asked.

"Not only that. Our friendship." Anand replied.

"You are breaking our friendship apart for this old-fashioned Khanna girl?" Jargit asked, feeling angry and reaching out to get me. I staggered back in fear. Anand squeezed his arm so hard that made Jargit squeal in pain.

"A finger on her, you're dead." Anand said.

"Come on bro! We can still chase our dreams. Just divorce this old-fashioned Khanna girl and we'll get on with it. And plus, you're not the type of person who wants to get married and settle down or have a girlfriend." Jargit said.

Anand slapped his face so hard that he fell. Anand pulled him up and pinned him to the wall.

"Yes, I was that type of guy. But when I first saw her, I knew that she had to be my wife and no one can stop me, including a low-life best friend like you. And no. I rather do business with her than with you. And there's not a chance that I'll divorce her. I'll be the stupidest man alive to do so. Now, I'm cutting this friendship of with a bang." Anand said, letting him go and turning around. But Anand stopped midway. He gave a fast turn and a box on Jargit's face. Jargit landed on the floor, in pain.

"Stay away from the family I'm building, you understand?!" Anand shouted and pulled me to the car.