Chapter 51

~ Anand's POV ~

"Hey." I said as I entered the ward.

"Hey. All of them went back already?" Nimmi asked. I nodded.

"Feeling better?" I asked.

"Yeah. I must've freaked the hell out of you, didn't I?" Nimmi said and we laughed.

"Yes. You did." I said, recovering from the laughter.

"If you're feeling tired, you can always go home and get some sleep." Nimmi said.

"It's fine. I have a bed here and I brought some clothes. I'll be okay here. I don't want you to be alone." I said.

"You've done so much for me. What same thing have I done for you Anand?" Nimmi asked.

"There is. The exact same thing. This." I said, pointing to the baby bump.

Nimmi gave a small laugh.

"If I had followed how I really felt the other day. I'm stupid." Nimmi said, rubbing her tummy.

"Don't think too much Nimmi. You know? This is exactly the reason why you fainted. Over-thinking. You're tiring your brain." I said.

"And right he is Mrs Gupta." Doctor Raja said, coming in.

"I overheard the conversation just now. Sorry about that. But, according to what you say, how you talk, you have to really calm that brain down of yours my dear." Doctor Raja said and we laughed.

"Nimmi. Your results are doing well. Most to most, you can be released tomorrow. And remember, more rest, less thinking." Doctor Raja said.

"Okay. Thank you doctor." Nimmi said.

"I guess, Anand has something to show you." Doctor Raja cleared his throat and left.

"What is he talking about?" Nimmi asked. I excitedly took out the scans and showed her.

"Aww. I can see him or her clearer now." Nimmi said, looking at the scans.

"Yeap." I said.

"Now, we're just holding the picture. In just a few more months, I can't imagine giving birth to a life. I'm giving a life to a human being. You know how that feels like?" Nimmi asked and I nodded.