Chapter 31

~ Nimmi's POV ~

"We're all gathered here today because I have some news to tell you all. Both good and bad news. I'll start with the bad news first." I said, looking over at Anand. Anand gave me a confident nod.

"The bad news is, the owner of this building, has closed down our company. And we all have to move our things by the end of the month. The reason for this sudden shutdown is because this building's owner wants a new fresh new name for the building." I said.

Everyone mumbled amongst themselves.

"Where do we find a job then Ms Nimmi?" A worker shouted from amongst the crowd.

"I'll get to there now Ahan and it's a good news." I said, forcing a weak smile.

"What good news is there when we have to leave our jobs?" Another person shouted.

"Calm down, everyone. Please. Listen to me. We've got everything under control." I said.

"Then? What are you waiting for? Tell us?" Another person shouted out.

"The good news is, you all will still have the same jobs in hand. You already have the same exact job with the same pay but a different place to work in." I said.

"What? You already said that the company is closing down. How can we have a job similar with the exact pay but a different place?" Another person asked.

"Well. I guess you all won't have to stress about to find another job because, my husband, Mr Anand Gupta and his father, Mr Sameer Gupta has places for all of you to work in. The exact position and the exact pay. It's like working for another boss instead of me. Yes. I won't be your boss, but the wife of your boss." I said.

Confident faces were seen amongst the crowd and it made me more confident.

"So what say? We shall end this journey together and create a happy ever after for Khanna Holdings and start a new chapter with Gupta Holdings?" I asked.

"Yes!" The crowd said together.

"Great! Let's get to work and show this Mr Dayal that we are one. And we will never be stepped by him. Instead, we will step on him and show him that we are capable of doing things even with his dirty mouth." I said and everyone cheered.

I felt a burst of happiness as some of them even walked up to me and gave me words of encouragement. Lastly, Mr Sameer and Anand walked up to me.

"Well done! I was so proud of you!" Mr Sameer said.

Anand planted a kiss on my forehead.

"Well done Mrs Gupta. I knew you could do this." Anand said and I smiled.

"Partying without me? Since when was it in Nimmi's lifebook?" Tina said.

"Thank you. All of you. For giving me such wonderful support." I said.

"Come on. It's the least we could do." Tina said.

"Tina's right. You did all the work." Anand said.

"And all we did was give you words of encouragement." Mr Sameer said.

"You guys are the best." I said and we gave a group hug.