Chapter 20

~ Nimmi's POV ~

I'm all dolled up and just waiting for the time to go down. From my room, I could hear the guests talking and my heart's beating faster than usual.

The thought of me leaving my Mother at the end of this made me shudder.

~ Juhi's POV ~

I came in and saw my daughter staring into blank space.

"What are you thinking about my dear?" I asked as I walked over to Nimmi.

"Mama, I'm scared." Nimmi said.

"For what?" I asked.

"Everything, life after marriage, I just can't imagine how things would be." Nimmi said, her eyes tearing up.

I took her hands in mine and clutched it tightly.

"You've always been an amazing companion for Papa and I. You know ever since we got you, you meant the world to us. You changed us. Your Papa, from being only work minded, changed to become a family man and me, from a clueless woman after marriage to one of an Angel's Mother. But sometimes, you have to let some good things go and let them be free. Getting you married is one of our responsibilities. But unfortunately, Papa isn't here to celebrate the joy. But remember, he'll always be watching you from above, guiding you in your steps to being a good wife and mother. And by doing this, we are setting you free to fly on your own, to soar higher than before and make your own decisions for every step you take. We're proud of you Nimmi. And will always be." I said.

"Mama, you're the best! I'll miss you a lot. I'll miss coming home to the best cooked food, coming back to a nice, warm home and of course, coming back to lying on your lap and listening to wonderful made-up and real-life stories." Nimmi said.

"Just remember something Nimmi, after all this is settled, things aren't going to be the same anymore. If you're going out with Tina till late at night, you must inform Anand. Don't make your relationship difficult and try every mean to avoid misunderstandings. Talk things out whenever you have a problem. And most importantly, try tonlove him and maybe he'll learn to love you back." I said.

"Thank you Mama, for everything you've done for me ever since the day I was born. I love you so much!" Nimmi said.

"I love you too." I said and pulled Nimmi in for a hug.

There was a knock on the door and Tina came in.

"Sorry, but they are calling the bride down." Tina said.

"Okay, let's go!" I said, holding Nimmi's hand and Nimmi nodded.

~ Anand's POV <

I breathed in and out as we waited for Nimmi to come downstairs so we can proceed with the wedding festivities.

Why is Tina taking so long? Did Nimmi run away?

I should stop having absurd thoughts!

I caught sight of Nimmi as she came down the stairs in elegance.

"Just like a princess." I thought to myself.

Nimmi sat down beside me and looked at me.

I gave her a smile and she returned it.

~ Nimmi's POV ~

Soon the rites are over and I realised that I was married and it was time to leave.

I didn't even feel it even happening.

"Mama." I called out, tears falling from my cheeks.

"I feel like you're a child again when you call me Mama. I love you." Mamma said.

"I love you too!" I said hugging her.

We went into the car and drove off. As it drove off, we waved at each other until no one was in sight anymore.

"Time for another surprise!" Anand said as we drove downtown.