Chapter 16

~ Nimmi's POV ~

(Two days before the wedding)

Flowers were twirled around the stair rails, ceilings and the wedding dais.

"The decorations are so nice!" I said to myself.

I went over to my busy mother.

"Mama, can I help? I'm bored to death in my room." I asked.

"No. This is your wedding and I want you to live like a princess within these two days. Anand is also not allowed to do work. So, you do the same. Okay?" Mama said.

"Okay." I said and went upstairs to my room.

I went into my bedroom and stared at my engagement ring and looked into the mirror.

"Looks like it's just me and me today." I said to myself.

Just then the door swung open and Tina came in.

"Auntie asked me to keep you company since you're bored." Tina said and I landed in my deep thoughts again.

"Nimmi?" Tina called out.

"What?" I answered.

"Are you okay? Why do you keep staring at your ring?" Tina asked.

"I'm going to be someone's wife in two days Tina. I can't do what I usually do after the wedding. Can't go out as I want to. Cannot do as I wish. Things are changing." I said.

"You still have double thoughts?" Tina asked and I nodded.

"Trust me, Anand is a nice guy. He will take care of you and that's guaranteed. You just have to understand each other after the wedding and things will be fine. Okay?" Tina advised me.

I smiled and nodded.

"You're the best Tina!" I said and hugged Tina.

"Okay, let's start something. let's start dreaming of tomorrow!" Tina said.

"Tomorrow? It's not my wedding tomorrow." I said confused.

"Your henna night!" Tina said.

"Oh that. Yes, what should I wear?" I asked.

"Let's start choosing now!" Tina said.

"Okay!" I said and we ran to the cupboard.