Chapter 10

~ Nimmi's POV ~

"Nimmi! Nimmi! Wake up! Mr Sameer's family will be here soon! Hurry up! Wake up!" Mama shook me awake.

"Who's Mr Sameer?" I asked, sitting upright and stretching.

"Don't ask questions now just goand have a bath." Mama ordered, taking out a anarkali for me.

~ Anand's POV ~

We were on the way to the Khanna's house.

"Anand, I hope you remember Mr Khanna's request." Papa said to me.

"Yes Pa, I do." I replied.

~ Juhi's POV ~

The doorbell rang and I opened the door to find Tina standing at the doorstep.

"Thank god you arrived. Could you please help Nimmi to get ready? She's been in her room for ages." I said as we gave each other a hug.

"Sure." Tina said and went upstairs.

"Thank you my dear." I said and closed the door

~ Tina's POV ~

I peeked into Nimmi's room and saw Nimmi struggling to tie her doori.

"Hey sexy, looking great!" I said as I entered the room.

"Hi Tina. Would you mind helping me tie the doori at the back of my anarkali please?" Nimmi asked.

"Sure. Besides, your mother asked me to help you get ready. What's the occasion? Who's coming?" I asked as I tied the doori for her.

"I don't even know myself." Nimmi replied as she put on her bindhi and bangles.

~ Anand's POV ~

We arrived at the Khanna's. We ranged the bell and within minutes, Mrs Khanna opened the door with a wide smile spread on her face.

"Namaste! Come in!" Mrs Khanna welcomed us.

We all settled in the living room.

"Our condolences Juhi. I was very shocked too and we hope you're doing well and of course, Nimmi too." Papa said.

"The loss of Danny had brought me many sad memories. But we have to overcome it. There's no use dwelling over the person who's already gone. The only way to forget and move on is by telling yourself that your loved one is in a better place now. Yes, it was difficult during the first few days. But I think I can do this." Mrs Khanna said.

"How did Nimmi take it?" Mama asked.

"It was hard for her! Because, Mr Khanna always used to dote on her, cover up for her and of course, spoils her. So it was very difficult for her in the first few days, but I think she's gradually growing out of it and learning the process of letting go." Mrs Khanna said.

Someone came in with a tray of delicacies and placed it on the table.

"This is Sarita Ji, our helper. She's not only a helper, she's family." Mrs Khanna said.

"Namaste Sarita Ji." Mama and Papa greeted.

Sarita Ji greeted back.

Mrs Khanna whispered to Sarita Ji.

"Call Nimmi down." Mrs Khanna whispered. Sarita Ji nodded.

~ Nimmi's POV ~

"Nimmi, your Mother wants you to come down. Alone. The guests have arrived." Sarita Ji said.

"Okay." I replied.

"I can't follow you down babe but I'll wait for you upstairs okay?" Tina asked.

"Okay, but please accompany me to the stairs?" I asked.

"Okay. Let's go." Tina said and we headed to the stairs.

What we heard next made us stop in out tracks.

"Actually our visit here is regarding the request that Mr Khanna requested us to do before he passed on." A guy said.

"What's wrong Nimmi?" Tina asked.

"Shh, listen." I told Tina.

"Which request is that?" Mama asked.

"The marriage between Nimmi and Anand." Anither lady said.

"Oh, that!" Mama answered with a laugh.

Tina gasped.

"So the guests that came today is Anand's family?" I asked myself.

"Nimmi, now isn't the time to worry about who's the guest. They are going to ask for your hand in marriage. So, go down and greet them. Politely." Tina said.

"Now?" I asked.

"No, tomorrow. Of course right now!" Tina said.

I went down the stairs and immediately my eyes met with Anand's.

"Nimmi, come and sit with us." Mama called.

I smiled and went over to sit beside my mother.

"Wow! Nimmi! You've grown so fast since the last time I saw you." Mrs Anisha said and I gave a small laugh.

"This is our son, Anand." Mr Sameer introduced.

Anand stood up, buttoned his suit and stick his hand out for a handshake. I stood up and accepted the handshake.

"Nice to meet you..." Anand said as he trailed off, forgetting my name.

"Nimmi." I said with a laugh.

"Ah yes! Nimmi. Nice to meet you. I heard great things about you from my dad." Anand said.

"Oh really? I heard nice things of you from my dad too. It's nice to meet you. Have a sit!" I said.

We both sat down.

"Nimmi, go and get some more coffee for the guests." Mamma said.

"Okay." I said and stood up.

"Excuse me Nimmi?" Anand called out and I turned around.

"Yes?" I asked.

"I would like to have some tea. Could you make tea for me?" Anand requested.

"Sure." I said and went to the kitchen. I entered the kitchen and started to make some coffee and tea.

"He haven't even proposed and he's asking me to make some tea especially for him. What an idiot." I said as I did my final touches on the coffee and tea.

I heard someone clear his or her throat and it startled me. I turned around and saw Anand standing at the kitchen's doorway.

"What are you doing here? You should be outside." I asked.

"Actually I wanted to use the bathroom when I heard you complaining about an idiot wanting you to make some tea for him." Anand said leaning against the wall with his arms crossed.

I was caught!

"I didn't mean it that way! It's just that..." I trailed off finding an answer to answer Anand.

"It's just that what?" Anand asked.

"It's just that, why can't you have the same drinks as your parents?" I quickly said.

"Because I feel like having tea. That's all." Anand said while walking to me.

"S..s...sorry. I really didn't mean to..." I said but was cut off.

"Shh! Not another word! Where's the bathroom?" Anand asked. I pointed to the bathroom on my right and Anand went to the bathroom. I heaved a sigh of relief and went outside the tray of drinks.