Chapter 37

~ Nimmi's POV ~

"Anand, should we go to your mum's house instead today to tell the news? I'll tell my mother to go over. It isn't fair for your parents to always come over right?" I asked.

"That's a great idea but, your mother will be travelling alone. What about we pick her up and go from your house?" Anand said.

"Yeah! That's a great idea! Thanks Anand. I'll call her now." I said, rummaging through my bag for my phone. I pressed the "call" button and waited for my Mother to pick up the phone.

"Hello?" Mama finally answered.

"Hello? Mama? Can you get ready now?" I asked.

"Get ready? Why?" Mama asked.

"Change of plans. We'll be going over to Anand's for the family meeting. We're coming over to get you now, so that you won't be travelling there alone." I said.

"Okay. I'll get ready now then." Mama said and hung up.

"Mrs Gupta! Can you help me call my parents?" Anand said, passing his phone to me.

"Hi Ma! Nimmi here!" I said.

"Nimmi!" Mrs Anisha asked.

"Change of plans ma. You and Pa need not get ready. Instead, we're picking up my mother now and heading to your place for the meeting." I said.

"Ok. Then, I'll just prepare something for us to eat later." Mrs Anisha said.

"Ok Ma. Thanks! Bye." I said and cut the call.

"Everything's settled." I said, passing the phone to Anand.

"You're the best Mrs Gupta." Anand said.

"I know." I said with a laugh.